• We've made some major changes! Be sure to read this thread in order to get everything moved over.

*** June 2-4 Weekend Visitor Updates ***

Mark Wheeler

Publisher
Staff member
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2023
Gainesville
insidethegators.com
On Wednesday, in response to a question on the forum, I posted that I thought that four-star linebacker Kristopher Jones was the most likely to pull the trigger for Florida over the weekend.

That, of course, hasn't happened.

At least not yet.

However, there's no question that Florida is the team to beat.

When asked where Florida stood post-visit, Jones replied, "UF is definitely at the top," while rating the visit a 10 on a 1-to-10 scale.

Jones said that he was hosted over the weekend by transfer linebacker Teradja Mitchell.

"He basically told me that Florida is the place to be right now and they could definitely use me the way I want to be used on the defensive side."

Asked about the highlight of the weekend, Jones replied, "Getting a chance to get to know the other recruits who possibly could be my future teammates."

Mark Wheeler

Publisher
Staff member
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2023
Gainesville
insidethegators.com
Local three-star defensive lineman Kendall Jackson, who said he was hosted by a fellow defensive lineman, rated the visit a 9.9 on a 1-to-10 scale.

"My host was Cam Jackson and we really just talked about life. He was saying that as soon as he got here UF showed him love."

When asked what stood out about the weekend, he replied, "The highlight of the was hanging out with the UF players and getting the vibe of the team."

Jackson isn't ready to make a decision, and has an official visit scheduled to Arkansas this weekend, but said that the Gators strengthened their position with him.

"UF is still definitely a top school and this OV definitely helped them."

Mark Wheeler

Publisher
Staff member
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2023
Gainesville
insidethegators.com
Three-star offensive lineman Ory Williams gave his Florida official visit high marks.

"The visit was about an 8," said Williams when asked to rate it on a 1-to-10 scale. "Roddrick Kearney said that Florida is in the rebuild state and I would be a good fit. It’s hard work, but that’s everywhere. It’s just different here."

Freshman offensive lineman Kearney is just one of several current players Williams met over the weekend.

"The highlight was getting to know the players and figuring out that they were honestly like me."

What stands out most about Florida after his visit?

"The school is top 5%."

Mark Wheeler

Publisher
Staff member
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2023
Gainesville
insidethegators.com
Mooresville (N.C.) Lake Norman four-star offensive lineman Ethan Calloway kicked off a busy June of official visits (he will also see Georgia, LSU and Penn State this month) with a weekend trip to Gainesville.

Despite it being his first of four June official visits, Calloway gave the Florida trip high marks.

"It was my first OV so I really don’t have anything to compare it to, but it was a solid 9 on its own."

Calloway said that he was hosted over the weekend by fellow offensive lineman Austin Barber.

"He made it clear that if I want to continue to develop, UF has the system to make that happen."

When asked about the highlight of the trip, the 6-foot-7, 310-pounder found it hard to pick out something specific but then remembered what it was like to tour the Stadium House.

"Really just getting a chance to spend time with everyone in a more relaxed environment," answered Calloway when asked about what stood out the most. "The room wasn’t bad either!"

Breaking it all down, he was clear about how he felt about the Gators after the visit.

"UF is definitely a place I could see myself."