• We've made some major changes! Be sure to read this thread in order to get everything moved over.

*** June 2-4 Weekend Visitor Updates ***

Mark Wheeler

Publisher
Staff member
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2023
Gainesville
insidethegators.com
What I am not going to do is write individual updates each visit weekend if there's nothing worth updating. I'll explain that a little more later on.

Here's my first batch of notes from today.

* There's no questioning that four-star linebacker Adarius Hayes is 100% solid to Florida. Not just because he said so on Sunday, but because he said when other programs have tried to get involved with him he has shut them down. He won't take any other visits, his only scheduled trip is to return to Gainesville in a week or so. He also talked about trying to add fellow four-star linebacker Kristopher Jones to this class - and believes he may join up.

* Probably the thing that was said that is most relevant to recruiting is four-star tight end Jonathan Echols saying that he wasn't going to comment on a visit until after he takes all of his visits. I applaud him for that. Get a feel for everything, and then after comparing and contrasting, share your thoughts. He has trips to Tennessee and South Florida remaining.

* Four-star defensive tackle D'Antre Robinson was pretty even-keeled during his interview. He said he doesn't have a leaderboard and doesn't know when he will have one. He may take recruiting all the way out to the fall and take some visits during the season. He mostly spoke about the visit in general terms. He didn't say a thing that would make you think Florida is the team to beat or down his board. He was incredibly vague in his answers. On a 1-to-10 scale, he rated the visit an 8, and then bumped it to 8.9.

* Four-star commits Xavier Filsaime and Izaiah Williams did stop to pose for a photo for me (see above), but neither wanted to do an interview.

* Three-star defensive lineman Jayden Jackson, who had a flight to catch, also declined an interview. One thing I will say, man, I love that kid. From seeing him play and how he conducted himself in the interviews after the IMG spring game to how he reacted to everything he experienced this weekend, he is someone I will definitely be following and pulling for as he moves on to the next level.

* Five-star receiver Jeremiah Smith left the Heavener Complex along with receiver coach Billy Gonzales a little after noon and stayed gone for the few hours I was there. He was scheduled to be the last man standing so to speak, with him departing campus in the late afternoon.

Mark Wheeler

Publisher
Staff member
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2023
Gainesville
insidethegators.com
Defensive tackle Jayden Jackson said that he would rate the visit 10 out of a possible 10. And if you have seen the videos of how he and his family reacted to what they were experiencing, you know that he really believes that.

When I asked him about how excited they all seemed, he replied, "We never had something like that happen to us before. Those are genuine reactions. Everything was amazing. Me and my family loved it."

He said he was hosted by redshirt freshman tight end Andrew Savaiinaea, who was direct in his approach, "His message was that there needs to a Poly pipeline."

Where does UF stand after the visit?

"They are definitely up there for sure. But, it would be unfair to rank the top five based off of one visit."

That top five is made up of Florida, Miami, Ohio State, Oklahoma, and Texas.

Jackson said that he will take his visits before deciding.

"Yes Sir, taking them all of them, then deciding before my season."