• We've made some major changes! Be sure to read this thread in order to get everything moved over.

🏈 Football Practice Insider 3/28/24 Practice Observations

Mark Wheeler

Publisher
Staff member
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2023
Gainesville
insidethegators.com
There's not much to really report today. Because they were running well ahead of schedule, we only got just over nine minutes to watch practice.

With this being their coaching clinic weekend, there were a lot of high school coaches out at practice.

Florida also had an officiating crew working the practice.

I continue to be drawn to the defensive tackle group practice after practice. Maybe because it is so important that they do better this year than they did last year. As our Practice Insider stated after watching all of Tuesdays Practice the defensive line looked better than the offensive line. That was the case last preseason, to the point you had to wonder if the UF defensive line was really that good or was the offensive line that bad? It turned out, the offensive line was bad - and made the defensive line look better than they really were. I like the competitive fire from the coach and the group.

I've questioned a bit what UF is getting in Joey Slackman, considering he didn't see SEC type linemen playing in the Ivy League. He has been a positive so far this spring. His quickness has surprised me.

Again, I don't care the listed weight of Caleb Banks, he looks in shape to me.

At the end of our viewing period, Andy Jean and Gavin Hill were running sprints sideline to sideline in the endzone.