• We've made some major changes! Be sure to read this thread in order to get everything moved over.

You gotta be kidding me

SFFloridaFan

May 9, 2023
The story on 247 about Trey Brown says that OSU and FSU are the teams to beat.

They are the only 2 he said are sure getting a OV.

What does that say about Napier when you have the son of one of his ex employees not saying we are a team to beat.

Termigator

May 8, 2023
Vernell Brown ll played for Spurrier, Zook, and Meyer so he knows what both good and bad coaching looks like. What worries me is he has seen close up what Napier is doing and might steer his son in another direction. Who could blame him? I sadly would not blame him.

UFChad14

May 16, 2023
His sister runs track at Florida State.

And, there's a reality that UF fans may not want to face, but if you are a receiver with an opportunity to go to Ohio State, you take it.
If he signs there for the WR coach and he leaves after a year then where's he at? Stuck up in the snow instead of being closer to home.

Termigator

May 8, 2023
If he signs there for the WR coach and he leaves after a year then where's he at? Stuck up in the snow instead of being closer to home.
True, but with the Transfer Portal he can go anywhere then with no penalty. No one has to play in a situation they don't like anymore; like Kiffen says "it's like the wild west".

JDCO96

Aug 7, 2023
His sister runs track at Florida State.

And, there's a reality that UF fans may not want to face, but if you are a receiver with an opportunity to go to Ohio State, you take it.
One of our problems is how our writers are against us and negative about our chances. We have everything OSU does plus he has a history with our school and we are closer.

Start to play up our advantages and watch us take off and get back to the top.

Mark Wheeler

Publisher
Staff member
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2023
Gainesville
insidethegators.com
One of our problems is how our writers are against us and negative about our chances. We have everything OSU does plus he has a history with our school and we are closer.

Start to play up our advantages and watch us take off and get back to the top.
What did I write that is anti-Florida?

Brown's sister runs track at FSU. That isn't an opinion. It is a fact that she runs track at FSU. I would assume (now, this is an opinion) that having them both at the same school would be advantageous for the family.

Under Hartline, Ohio State does a fantastic job of developing receivers for the NFL. The draft record says as much.

I grew up a Florida fan, which would cause me to lean toward the positive side, but I like to think that I am neutral on ITG when it comes to sharing my thoughts.

If it's a positive, I state it. If it is a negative, I state it.

Mark Wheeler

Publisher
Staff member
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2023
Gainesville
insidethegators.com
Brown's dad played for us and worked for coach Napier. We should be the leader no matter what.

Our recruiting this year is off to a bad start.
There are quite a few reasons to be critical of Napier and Company (game management, staff structure/hiring), but recruiting isn't one of them.

Coming off back-to-back losing seasons he pulled in the No. 10 ranked class in the nation according to the On3 Consensus. That is about as good as anyone could hope for considering the on the field product Florida's staff had to sell during the last cycle.

Reactions: TJWarren and JayM

SFFloridaFan

May 9, 2023
There are quite a few reasons to be critical of Napier and Company (game management, staff structure/hiring), but recruiting isn't one of them.

Coming off back-to-back losing seasons he pulled in the No. 10 ranked class in the nation according to the On3 Consensus. That is about as good as anyone could hope for considering the on the field product Florida's staff had to sell during the last cycle.
We were #2 and #3 for months and then we fell because we lost about 5 or 6 recruits that were committed.

Filisame
Hayes
Williams DL
Mack
Williams WR

Who else was it?