• We've made some major changes! Be sure to read this thread in order to get everything moved over.

Wins, Losses, Toss-ups, the floor, the ceiling, give us your regular season W/L prediction

Mark Wheeler

Publisher
Staff member
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2023
Gainesville
insidethegators.com
To be clear, this is based on where it stands today. Hell, by the final game of the year, UF might be 8-3 and FSU might be 3-8 for all we know. Going off of how you feel today, break the schedule down into three categories, wins, losses and toss-ups and post your final regular season record prediction.

WINS
Samford
Mississippi State

LOSSES
Tennessee
Georgia
Texas
Ole Miss

TOSS-UPS
Miami
Texas A&M
UCF
Kentucky
LSU
FSU

So, there is a 2-4 baseline unless UF blows a game or pulls a big upset. The six toss-ups will determine the season.

With five of the six toss-ups being home games, there's a very plausible scenario where UF wins all five. Then again, there's also the fact that Florida has lost four times at home in the last two years under Billy Napier - so while the Swamp is an advantage, it hasn't been insurmountable the previous two years.

I'll say that the floor is 3-9, the ceiling is 8-4 and I'll settle in at 6-6 (for now) for the season.

Termigator

May 8, 2023
10-2 with losses only to UGA and Texas. Ron Roberts will be the difference with our Defense. He was the Coordinator at Auburn last year and if Auburn had more talent at QB they would have upset Georgia.

Last edited:

Verobeachgator

Premium Member
May 9, 2023
Wins
Samford
Tennessee
Mississippi State
Kentucky

Losses
Georgia
Texas

TOSS-UPS
Miami
Texas A&M
UCF
Ole Miss
LSU
FSU

The basement is 6-6 and tge ceiling 9-3.

8-4 prediction.

drumlin

Aug 10, 2023
This is a tough one, and it seems all the national predictions tend to look at Napier and the last two years:
Then again, there's also the fact that Florida has lost four times at home in the last two years under Billy Napier - so while the Swamp is an advantage, it hasn't been insurmountable the previous two years.
Yes, I get it, but I also recall that before the first year, Napier said it would be rough for a couple of years, and last year pre-season, he didn't really sound too optimistic.
This year his tone seems different, even mentioning that there has been extra work in the off-season, things he didn't mention in his first two years.
So I would like to believe his plan to build the culture is paying off and there will be some improvement. I also think the overall talent level has improved where the team can at least compete with every team on the schedule. The only issue with the team I have is the depth, where injuries would derail the season.
I also think the team probably lacks mental maturity, where while I believe it could beat Georgia (I know the talent is not quite at Georgia's level, but it is a rivalry), I don't think they are mature enough to carry the momentum to the next game (@Texas).
With that said, I see the following:
WINS
Samford
TOSS-UPS
Everything else

With the toss-up games, seven are @home, so that ceiling is 6-1. The road games (including Georgia), I see a ceiling of 3-2. so a total ceiling of 9-3. The floor I see as 4-8. I actually see them winning 7-8 games this year.

Reactions: Termigator

Impact_Gator

Aug 20, 2024
This team appears to be much better than the last year but this schedule is also a lot harder. I'm confident safeties and linebackers will be much improved but am concerned cornerbacks may continue to struggle with run fit and tackling. QB, wide receivers, tight ends and running backs should be better. And special teams should finally be a strength.

Wins
Samford
Miss State
Kentucky
UCF

Losses
UGA
Texas

Tossups
Miami
Texas A&M
Tennessee
LSU
Ole Miss
FSU

Floor - 5-7

Ceiling - 9-3
and a possible playoff run

Prediction 7-5 and a good shot to win a bowl game given we won't have too many players opting out for the draft. Might even get to see DJ Lagway start the bowl game if Mertz wants to step away for the Draft.

Go Gators!!