• We've made some major changes! Be sure to read this thread in order to get everything moved over.

Share your post Utah game overreaction

Mark Wheeler

Publisher
Staff member
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2023
Gainesville
insidethegators.com
Share your post-game overreaction

My post-game overreaction:

The truth of the matter is while Florida is where it needs to be facilities-wise, and Billy Napier has improved player quality of life and recruiting, and deserves credit for that, even when it all comes together, 14 games in, Napier on game day is the weakest part of the equation.

All the hot seat talk is ridiculous on the surface, but if he is unwilling to make a change by hiring a play-calling offensive coordinator, maybe he should feel some heat. It has become clear that while he has potential as a CEO type of program builder, he isn't the answer running the offense.

Reactions: Romeg8r

BD489

Premium Member
May 8, 2023
Share your post-game overreaction

My post-game overreaction:

The truth of the matter is while Florida is where it needs to be facilities-wise, and Billy Napier has improved player quality of life and recruiting, and deserves credit for that, even when it all comes together, 14 games in, Napier on game day is the weakest part of the equation.

All the hot seat talk is ridiculous on the surface, but if he is unwilling to make a change by hiring a play-calling offensive coordinator, maybe he should feel some heat. It has become clear that while he has potential as a CEO type of program builder, he isn't the answer running the offense.
What part of what you saw today screams legit ceo of a program?
My overreaction is he should have to give 1 million dollars back to UF per game when we look like that. Abysmal performance. This is his coaching staff and largely his team. That was embarrassing.

Romeg8r

Premium Member
Jul 14, 2023
I was impressed with the way the defense tightened up. Mertz threw for 333 yards and the one interception hit the receiver right in the hands.
The o-line is horrible. The transfer from Alabama is as useless as teats on a bore hog.

Reactions: Termigator

1BigG8RinDade

Premium Member
May 9, 2023
I read it on facebook that they sat out 11 starters. Some of them could have played but they weren't that worried about us so they rested them.

Can you belive we're on that type of shit that teams rest starters against us.

Last edited:

Termigator

May 8, 2023
None of this is on Mertz; he played fairly well while running for his life. When you have 70 Freshmen and Sophomores in an early season road win there are going to be a few mental mistakes. I don't know if Mullen left us with virtually no Division I O-linemen or the two O-line Coaches are incompetent, but that was as poor of an O-line performance as I have seen at UF since the 0-10-1 season. The only one who had a decent game was Austin Barber. Wilson is going to be a star and other than the tipped ball, Pearsall played well as did Jason Odom and the two running backs catching the ball out of the backfield. We need to STF up about getting rid of Napier, but there does need to be pressure on him to hire a QB coach and play caller (maybe get rid of one of the Oline coaches who don't appear to be earning their salary). Some of his play calling in critical situations were questionable at best. The Defense played fairly well considering the DC often times did not get the call in on time for the players to get lined up. Finally, hire an on field special teams' coach; we are terrible!

Reactions: Mark Wheeler

BD489

Premium Member
May 8, 2023
None of this is on Mertz; he played fairly well while running for his life. When you have 70 Freshmen and Sophomores in an early season road win there are going to be a few mental mistakes. I don't know if Mullen left us with virtually no Division I O-linemen or the two O-line Coaches are incompetent, but that was as poor of an O-line performance as I have seen at UF since the 0-10-1 season. The only one who had a decent game was Austin Barber. Wilson is going to be a star and other than the tipped ball, Pearsall played well as did Jason Odom and the two running backs catching the ball out of the backfield. We need to STF up about getting rid of Napier, but there does need to be pressure on him to hire a QB coach and play caller (maybe get rid of one of the Oline coaches who don't appear to be earning their salary). Some of his play calling in critical situations were questionable at best. The Defense played fairly well considering the DC often times did not get the call in on time for the players to get lined up. Finally, hire an on field special teams' coach; we are terrible!
Can’t blame Mullen for lack of O lineman. Had a good line last year. Napier has had 2 classes and multiple chances in the portal to reshape the line.

Go Gators TJ

May 11, 2023
He ain't him when it comes to being an offensive coordinator.

Clemson fired him as their offensive coordinator for a reason.

He doesn't have a feel for the game.

He needs to take a step back, run the program and let someone else run the offense.