• We've made some major changes! Be sure to read this thread in order to get everything moved over.

Recruit Reaction for the week

Mark Wheeler

Publisher
Staff member
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2023
Gainesville
insidethegators.com
I only have three responses this week for Recruit Reaction. Many prospects said that they simply didn't watch it.

Here is what I received:

* Four-star cornerback target Jameer Grimsley

I was disappointed with it, especially coming after a great win against Tennessee it was looking like UF had a chance to win the east.

* 2025 four-star defensive lineman Jalen Wiggins

Yes sir I just believe they started out slow and there wasn’t much urgency with it being an away game, which is more difficult anyway. The defensive line didn’t seem to give enough push to stop much of the run game.

* 2025 four-star offensive line target Mario Nash Jr.

I don’t think we were as physical as needed at times! They just have to continue to buy into Coach Napier’s philosophy and get better every week. Play for the guy next to you.

* 2024 three-star safety commit Josiah Davis

We just got to get to the ball and make tackles. I feel like we got to come down hill more.

* 2025 four-star receiver target Koby Howard

It was very disappointing to see the Gators get beat like that! I couldn’t finish watching the game. I’m still waiting for the receivers to step up and take command of the offense. The quarterback needs a guy he can trust, and I don’t really see a receiver who has stepped up on a consistent basis. The offense won’t turn a corner until they find a #1 wideout that will command attention! Until that happens the Gators will continue to struggle on Offense. I don’t know what happened on defense. Looks like they forgot how to play overnight. Something went wrong, I don’t know what it is, but they seemed unenthused. I think they lack a consistent leader on the field.

SFFloridaFan

May 9, 2023
Howard and Boggs have trashed our offense every week.

It worries me that receivers don't like what we do. If we can't get the top receiver recruits that is going to kill our offense even more.

GatorDMD

Premium Member
May 9, 2023
Grimsley is one of the recruits that said he wanted to see how we did this year.

He can't be happy with how we've played.
I love UF but unless our NIL is offering a lot more money why would anyone want to play for us if they have a chance to play for Alabama?

Alabama is a better team, they have more support in their fanbase, they have a better record of putting players in the NFL, they have a better record of getting to the college football playoff.

Besides location what do we have to offer that is better than Alabama?