• We've made some major changes! Be sure to read this thread in order to get everything moved over.

POST-GAME PRESS CONFERENCE THREAD: Miami defeats Florida 41-17

lancewilliams

Premium Member
Aug 28, 2024
Napier confirms that Mertz got the concussion during his interception.
Napier on stopping the run: "(they) got to the perimeter, secondary forced to make a tackle, not strength and conditioning."

lancewilliams

Premium Member
Aug 28, 2024
What will you do to get this team back on track?
"Be a man. Take responsibility of what you can do better," says Napier.
"Get back to work. Not much for us to talk about right now. We've gotta play better."

lancewilliams

Premium Member
Aug 28, 2024
Early roughing the passer, your read on that?
"I take full accountability." He was telling the team that he takes responsibility for that mistake, noted it brought negative momentum, says Boone.

lancewilliams

Premium Member
Aug 28, 2024
How can you stop this from spiraling?
"This game right here does not define us," said Boone. Says the team will look differently going forward. Points to allowing explosive plays.

Billy said he's embarassed. What was the mood in the locker room?
"I can agree with Coach Napier," says Boone. "I had full trust and belief in my team that we would go and execute. Everyone has the same mindset has me." Says they didn't do their best. "We're better than that."

lancewilliams

Premium Member
Aug 28, 2024
17-10 after the Montrell run. Momentum in favor, then not. How crushing is that?

"Before going into halftime. We felt like we should've capitalized on that," said Boone. Feels like 0-0 at halftime though.

Did someone speak up in the locker room.
"I spoke up myself," said Boone. "We made too many mistakes, too many penalties." He says he was a part of that. "We're better than this."

lancewilliams

Premium Member
Aug 28, 2024
Pass rush struggled. Why'd the pass rush struggle?
No disrespect, but it wasn't their o-line said Boone. "That's me, imma do better on that. [We need to] press the pocket more. We beat ourself today."

lancewilliams

Premium Member
Aug 28, 2024
Thoughts on today?
Not what he wanted. "Prepare all fall camp then make mistakes," says Dike. Only can grow from here.

Thoughts on the offense. What challenges?
"We couldn't pick up momentum. Lacked execution. We're willing to grow from this," says Dike.