• We've made some major changes! Be sure to read this thread in order to get everything moved over.

Orange & Blue Insider: Observations from Tuesday's practice

Cam Parker

Premium Member
May 4, 2023
Just got settled in after the 15-minute open portion of today's practice. I spent most of practice watching the offense so I didn't see much of the defense.

Not much to report on other than a few injury updates:

WR Ricky Pearsall was back and full-go after missing the open practice.
TE Arlis Boardingham was in a non-contact jersey but participated in catching drills.
OL Richie Leonard was off to the side in a non-contact jersey doing training drills with OL Kamryn Waites (I believe that's the first time I've seen him doing some drills off to the side) and DL Andre Morris.
Walk-on WR Brian Green Jr. was full-go after being in a non-contact jersey last week.
OL Micah Mazzccua and TE Jonathan Odom participated in their positional drills but were still wearing non-contact jerseys.

I did not see Shemar James at practice (will be out 7-10 days, per Napier). Could not verify myself if Devin Moore was there, but he'll be back soon, per Napier.

The only thing I really took note of was that Mazzccua did some work as the right guard (he's been long projected to be on the left side). The guard spot is intriguing to me. Mazzccua and Leonard IV seem to be starters, but Knijeah Harris is well in the mix and it's been speculated he could overtake Leonard IV's spot (he's been running with the ones with Mazzccua out). With now Leonard IV out, we'll keep an eye on them.

The other interesting thing was Napier and Billy Gonzales had a group of receivers working on catching passes out of the backfield (corner routes). They were Mizell, Wilson, Pearsall and Kahleil Jackson. Interesting package but arguably the fastest of the group in that set.

Three-minute video will be up on YouTube sometime this afternoon.

Cam Parker

Premium Member
May 4, 2023
Got some confirmation on a few guys: Devin Moore was not at practice. Additionally, OL Lyndell Hudson and TE Dante Zanders were not observed at practice.

No media availability today, so we'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Viewing period for media tomorrow at 3 p.m. and players media availability at 4:45 p.m. tomorrow. Scrimmage #1 on Thursday. Napier will speak to the media on Friday.