• We've made some major changes! Be sure to read this thread in order to get everything moved over.

O&B Board Insider: Monday Practice Observations

Mark Wheeler

Publisher
Staff member
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2023
Gainesville
insidethegators.com
12 practices into fall camp, and there's not a whole lot that jumps off the page during the viewing period.

The team was in full pads tonight with referees on hand. With the final scrimmage scheduled for this weekend I would assume tonight will be more hitting, and then with a couple of lighter days before the scrimmage.

Jack Miller III was in the Pit again this evening. Both Kelby Collins and Shemar James were also in the Pit.

You really don't get a sense for how big Kamryn Waites is until you walk bu him and he's not in pads. 6-foot-8, 370-poind range.

I really didn't see any change in the positional drills rotation that we've seen from the start of camp. I'll put together a projected two-deep later this week, and the only real changes would be due to players out due to injury.

During on air drills with the receivers, once they all go through a cycle with a repetitive each, the receivers are already down at the other side of the field, and after the final pass, the quarterbacks change sides. Graham Mertz was the only quarterback to all out sprint down the field, beating the other quarterbacks by a great deal. I don't want to overstate it, but that shows hustle and great leadership.