• We've made some major changes! Be sure to read this thread in order to get everything moved over.

Napier doesn't and shouldn't get a pass for tonight

GatorDMD

Premium Member
May 9, 2023
Utah played with their back up quarterback and we didn't put a scare into them.

That wasn't a talent issue tonight that was a Billy Napier issue.

He has to be better.

Reactions: JayM

Dave

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2023
I think the complexion of the game changed when the Gators had two #3's in the game on the 4th down, Utah went on and scored the TD. With 50 staff members that should have never happened. All the duplicate numbered starters should change their numbers on Tuesday. The untimely penalties hurt us on third and short situations. And I agree the play calling was predictable and ineffective for the most part. I think we need a OC that calls the plays so that the HC has more oversight of the entire game. We were unprepared, defense looked slow and the running game was non-existent. Napier has plenty to improve on this week.

Termigator

May 8, 2023
All the blame is on him.

Utah didn't have ten starters, and we were never in that game.
We were in the game, but stupid penalties by the Bama transfer cost us critical red zone yardage which should have led to 14 additional points, and then the bonehead mistake by the Freshman WR Wilson who is going to be a star which put us in terrible field position and then the fluke Interception. Napier is responsible because this is his team with his players and coaches. We outgained them except for the score, but these penalties should and can be corrected. The issue is will he correct them. This week should be a breather and then our entire season will be saved or lost depending on the outcome against the Vols. If we lose that game, then I will be on your side. There are too many teams that have new coaches and rosters that are succeeding to allow this to happen, but until then, I am backing Napier.