• We've made some major changes! Be sure to read this thread in order to get everything moved over.

More radio dunking on coach Napier

Titletown

May 10, 2023
Chuck Oliver show has on a SEC writer I've never heard of before.

He's talking about different SEC teams but his one take on Florida was it being OK to lose to LSU but then dunking on Florida for losing to Arkansas.

He said that was inexcusable and their quarterback will have a chance to do it again this year playing for UCF.

I can't wait until I can get back on here ti listen to sports radio and not have to listen to all this trash talk about us.

JayM

Premium Member
May 8, 2023
That Arkansas game was among the most disappointing Gators loses of my long lifetime... We needed that game so badly and just couldn't get that QB on the ground. He had a career game and it came vs. the Gators. Seems like that happens too often lately...

The Vandy loss last year was equally inexcusable.

drumlin

Aug 10, 2023
It's amusing to me how many people seem to be in competition to bash Napier and the program.
He deserves some criticism, but I still maintain we don't know much about him and his ability to bring the football program back to elite status.
I think it will really take maybe another five years to determine definitely if he should remain coach of Florida.
And the reason I think that is, suppose the team wins, say 7 or 8 games this year.
This will silence the critics temporarily.
Then suppose Lagway is as good as advertised and maybe wins an SEC championship.
Then everyone is ready to canonize Napier.
But in this scenario, I would still like to see what happens after Lagway goes to the NFL.
Will Napier be able to sustain success?
This is one scenario, but regardless of how good or bad the team does, I still think some improvement is inevitable with Lagway, the only question is how sustained will it be?

Termigator

May 8, 2023
How’s this: It's amusing to me how many people seem to be in competition to bash Napier and the program.
He deserves some criticism, but I still maintain we don't know much about him and his ability to bring the football program back to elite status.
I think it will really take maybe another five years to determine definitely if he should remain coach of Florida.
And the reason I think that is, suppose the team wins, say 7 or 8 games this year.
Then suppose Lagway is as good as advertised and maybe wins an SEC championship.
But in this scenario, I would still like to see what happens after Lagway goes to the NFL.
This is one scenario, but regardless of how good or bad the team does, I still think some improvement is inevitable with Lagway, the only question is how sustained will it be?
How’s this? If he only wins 7 games he needs to go. These are all his coaches and players now and he’s been given everything he’s asked for. No excuses; this year is as good as he’s going to be. I’m sick of hearing the entire staff when talking about a player saying “First of all he’s got great parents and has high character”. I’m sick of listening to the second coming of Butch Jones. He’s making over $7 million! He needs to start showing his value. He likes to talk about coaches and players having “urgency “. He’d dang better start showing some his self.

GatorDMD

Premium Member
May 9, 2023
It's amusing to me how many people seem to be in competition to bash Napier and the program.
5 years?

In 5 years Lagway will be transferred out or in the NFL.

I think we already know about him and he has a chance to change opinions this year.

If we win 6 or less games does he deserve another year?

We play the same SEC teams in 2025.