• We've made some major changes! Be sure to read this thread in order to get everything moved over.

It's hard to get excited when Doering picks us to finish 6th in the east

Tampa area Gator

Premium Member
May 9, 2023
I read these practice reports and I start to get excited about the season and then I see what our former player thinks about us.

Chris Doering thinks we'll be 6th. His radio partner thinks we'll finish 7th.

20230805_092650.jpg

BD489

Premium Member
May 8, 2023
I read these practice reports and I start to get excited about the season and then I see what our former player thinks about us.

Chris Doering thinks we'll be 6th. His radio partner thinks we'll finish 7th.

View attachment 239
The media sees a team that won. 6 games, lost its starting qb and a few important players and didn’t have the sexiest transfer class by rankings and mertz at qb. Sounds like those are good things inside the building and Napier and co are far more excited. We will see who is correct. Picking candy ahead of us is insane for dari though

Napier's Army

Premium Member
May 16, 2023
The media sees a team that won. 6 games, lost its starting qb and a few important players and didn’t have the sexiest transfer class by rankings and mertz at qb. Sounds like those are good things inside the building and Napier and co are far more excited. We will see who is correct. Picking candy ahead of us is insane for dari though
He and Matthews are so far apart. Matthews says we will win 8 games. 5th place in the east is probably 4-5-6 wins.

Termigator

May 8, 2023
He and Matthews are so far apart. Matthews says we will win 8 games. 5th place in the east is probably 4-5-6 wins.
I agree with Matthews. He was correct on Trask for 2 years before Mullin had no choice after Franks broke his ankle. Matthews repeatedly said that Trask was the best QB on the squad and history proved him right. I honestly believe that he will be correct this year also. No disrespect to Doering, but sometimes he tries to be a little too unbiased in his commentary.

BD489

Premium Member
May 8, 2023
The more I think about this the more intrigued I am. The media is down on Florida and it’s completely fair. Napier and coaches seem to be excited about the team and think we will outperform expectations. I’m genuinely excited to see which way it goes

Reactions: Termigator

crfcom

Premium Member
May 10, 2023
I still think the advantage belongs to UF, who will show up in Utah with a roster the Utes know nothing about. No film, no experience, no intel from other coaches. The coaches have no idea how to prepare. They'll likely be assuming a predominantly running attack, but will be defending against an offense with 4 highly capable SEC caliber RB's and a huge o-line. Then there's a WR corps with 2 world class sprinters on it. Its possible UF could surprise Utah this year more than they did last year.

JayM

Premium Member
May 8, 2023
I think Doering is just putting that out there to help our cause, to lower the expectations even further. That's why he says things like 11 wins for Kentucky.

Nowkhah picking us 7th though is surprising. He usually plays it pretty safe. Does he really think that? The only team in the east that has better players than Florida is Georgia. We are as talented or more talented than the rest. It has to be an indictment on the QB expectations which can be wildly wrong.

Reactions: crfcom

crfcom

Premium Member
May 10, 2023
I think Doering is just putting that out there to help our cause, to lower the expectations even further. That's why he says things like 11 wins for Kentucky.

Nowkhah picking us 7th though is surprising. He usually plays it pretty safe. Does he really think that? The only team in the east that has better players than Florida is Georgia. We are as talented or more talented than the rest. It has to be an indictment on the QB expectations which can be wildly wrong.
I don't want to get caught up is predicting won-loss numbers. We're still in a re-build and it won't be a perfect year. However, UF football has a different attitude now than last year and a much needed dose of speed on offense and defense. There's reason for hope. I'm seeing the first coach we've had since SOS who had old-school values that mean a lot to old weeds like me, but who also has an appreciation of digital tech and current strength & conditioning theory. I feel really good about UF football for the foreseeable future. 2023 is just the beginning.