• We've made some major changes! Be sure to read this thread in order to get everything moved over.

Good point by Chuck Oliver

OrangeandBlue

Premium Member
May 8, 2023
If you haven't already noticed it by how I post I like the Chuck Oliver show. They don't do anything besides talk about college football for 2 hours every day.

He made a good point today.

He said he asked coach Bapier at SEC Day how he is going to handle not having a unicorn at quarterback.

On 3rd and 2 he doesn't have a quarterback where if everyone else does their job the quarterback can beat a linebacker for a 1st down.

I really hadn't thought about that before.

JayM

Premium Member
May 8, 2023
Tebow was a lock on 3rd and 2, he had an incredible record even though everyone knew it was coming. AR wasn't really that guy. He might go for 80 and he might go for none.

It's probably easier to call plays for Mertz but he's not going to bail everyone out with 80 yard TD sprint.

crfcom

Premium Member
May 10, 2023
If you haven't already noticed it by how I post I like the Chuck Oliver show. They don't do anything besides talk about college football for 2 hours every day.

He made a good point today.

He said he asked coach Bapier at SEC Day how he is going to handle not having a unicorn at quarterback.

On 3rd and 2 he doesn't have a quarterback where if everyone else does their job the quarterback can beat a linebacker for a 1st down.

I really hadn't thought about that before.
I can't believe I'm having to tell an alleged Gator fan this. But his name is Napier, and he has one of the best and deepest RB rooms in college football. Not many peep's are talking about it, but I consider that another advantage. All 4 of them are power backs, and 2 of them are pretty fast too. It's their job to get that 2 yards you're worried about. Not a lot of coaches really want their QB's going off tackle for 2 yards with SEC LB's up close in prevent. It's not a healthy long term plan of any kind. Nothing Tebow did should be attempted by mere mortals.

OrangeandBlue

Premium Member
May 8, 2023
I can't believe I'm having to tell an alleged Gator fan this. But his name is Napier, and he has one of the best and deepest RB rooms in college football. Not many peep's are talking about it, but I consider that another advantage. All 4 of them are power backs, and 2 of them are pretty fast too. It's their job to get that 2 yards you're worried about. Not a lot of coaches really want their QB's going off tackle for 2 yards with SEC LB's up close in prevent. It's not a healthy long term plan of any kind. Nothing Tebow did should be attempted by mere mortals.
You are as miserable as the fans you think are negative.

Do you think I purposely called him Bapier or mistakenly hit the B next to the N?

OrangeandBlue

Premium Member
May 8, 2023
We got that straight.

He was saying we don't have that weapon defenses had to account for last year.

When it comes to the read option do you think defenses are going to worry about Mertz or collapse down on the back?

Are you giving it to Mertz on a 3rd and short?

BD489

Premium Member
May 8, 2023
We got that straight.

When it comes to the read option do you think defenses are going to worry about Mertz or collapse down on the back?

I would think our RB room would give mertz the ability to do play action and catch folks napping or quick slants when they don’t run it. Does it change things not having AR on short yardage? Of course. But it can’t change napiers plans that much.
Edit-but I’ve been wrong before

Termigator

May 8, 2023
We got that straight.

You could not count on Richardson to read the Read Option correctly. Far too many times he would not pull the ball out of the back's belly and keep it. It was almost like he was afraid or just saving himself. Regardless he was far too unpredictable. Too talented to bench and never consistent enough to win close games. He played terrible against KY, USF and most of the LSU, Vandy and UGA games.

crfcom

Premium Member
May 10, 2023
We got that straight.

Did you not read my post???? No, I wouldn't give it to Mertz, I'd give it to any one of my 4 heavyweight RB's who are there to do just that.

Termigator

May 8, 2023
As big as Carroll is AR still dwarfs him.
Two comments; AR is gone and rarely did AR put his head down and try to run over someone like Tebow (he is also gone) used to do. I will say it on here for about the 20th time, AR often either misread the READ OPTION or was trying to save himself for the NFL. Far too many times he would leave the ball in the RBs belly. When he would keep it, the results were spectacular, when he didn't, usually the running back either got no gain or maybe just a yard or two. Mertz will never run for 50 yards on the READ Option, but he will make the correct read and gain the 3-5 yds necessary to keep drives alive.

Reactions: crfcom

crfcom

Premium Member
May 10, 2023
Two comments; AR is gone and rarely did AR put his head down and try to run over someone like Tebow (he is also gone) used to do. I will say it on here for about the 20th time, AR often either misread the READ OPTION or was trying to save himself for the NFL. Far too many times he would leave the ball in the RBs belly. When he would keep it, the results were spectacular, when he didn't, usually the running back either got no gain or maybe just a yard or two. Mertz will never run for 50 yards on the READ Option, but he will make the correct read and gain the 3-5 yds necessary to keep drives alive.
NA is a troll, and nobody dwarf's Cam Carrol. NA has no personal life so he comes here and post's negative comments about Gator football to get attention. He's one of those people who drives in the passing lane at about 5 mph under the posted speed because when no one pays him any attention he's afraid he doesn't matter. The truth: he doesn't matter.

Reactions: Termigator

crfcom

Premium Member
May 10, 2023
I'm not taking a side but Richardson is probably 5 inches taller and 15 pounds heavier.
I think we all understand the difference between being a little taller, or being a little heavier, and dwarfing another person. NA is a troll, and this is typical of his comments. Ask yourself, what did this remark add to the conversation? He's a jerk, and you get to choose if he stays around or not, by giving him the attention he wants, or not. I don't care b/c I don't see his post's anymore.

Reactions: Napier's Army