• We've made some major changes! Be sure to read this thread in order to get everything moved over.

Florida vs. Tennessee post game press conference thread

Joseph Torviso

Premium Member
Aug 29, 2023
Nappier on what this win does for the team: "Look, we know we haven't won the amount of games we should have, but we put in the work as soon as we got here." He included how not only his players put in the work, but the coaching staff too since Nappier was hired. The win will be celebrated, but they will continue to work hard everyday.

Joseph Torviso

Premium Member
Aug 29, 2023
Nappier is highlighting how great the Gators were today on converting third down. He says it helps the quarterback when his two running backs play the way they did.

Joseph Torviso

Premium Member
Aug 29, 2023
Nappier said Tennessee had a great defensive plan, but they did their homework. "I'm not sure how many reps we took this week, but we took a lot." He did numerous walk throughs all week.

Joseph Torviso

Premium Member
Aug 29, 2023
How much the win means when talking about belief: "The most important thing is the players in that locker room. It galvanizes your team a little bit. Just the discipline and attention to detail, I may be a bit over the top on times, but it's worked in the past. It's good for them to experience what they have today."

Joseph Torviso

Premium Member
Aug 29, 2023
Graham Mertz is now on the podium

"I think the big thing that I was proud about was that we took [the week one loss] to heart. Tennessee is a great team and im proud how we executed. Coach always says make the play."

Joseph Torviso

Premium Member
Aug 29, 2023
Mertz on how his team reacted after he took that hit at the end of the game: "I love every single guy in the locker room and I'm going to fight with them every single day. That's probably the weirdest end to the game I've ever been a part of"