• We've made some major changes! Be sure to read this thread in order to get everything moved over.

Arkansas Post Game Press Conference Thread

Chris Will

Premium Member
May 12, 2023
Billy Napier and select players will speak to the media following their matchup with the Arkansas Razorbacks. You can follow along here for updates.

Chris Will

Premium Member
May 12, 2023
"We showed a lot of fight," he said, "It was a battle."

Napier said he knew Arkansas had a better team than their record suggested. He said he challenged the lockerroom to "be who they are"

Chris Will

Premium Member
May 12, 2023
"We had our opportunities," he said.
In reference to the Saluting Those Who Served this week, Napier said there was a lot of good done this week and hopes people don't lose sight of that.

Chris Will

Premium Member
May 12, 2023
"The quarterback is well documented," he said, "I think he's a good player. He is big and thats what makes him a challenge to take down. We struggled to finish on the quarterback today."

Chris Will

Premium Member
May 12, 2023
On the illegal substitution:
Napier said there is a word or scenario for when to run out for the quick kick. He said there is a player in charge of hearing that word and executing and said he thought he heard it. Napier said they are get to the bottom of that.

Chris Will

Premium Member
May 12, 2023
On special teams:
"We had a few young people today that had opportunities," he said, "We had some great punt returns, great kick returns today. There's a lot of blame to be spread out. Every single thing that we do gets evaluated. When we make mistakes that have nothing to do with opponents those are the things we need to get fixed."

Chris Will

Premium Member
May 12, 2023
Napier said Arkansas has two of the better edge players in the league. That pressure combined with man coverage made it hard to take a shot deep.
"Part of the challenging part of playing Arkansas," he said.

Chris Will

Premium Member
May 12, 2023
"We have a team that has shown up consistently and put it on the line," he said, "Every week in our league is a challenge. That's not different this week than last week."

Chris Will

Premium Member
May 12, 2023
"I don't think there's anybody more frustrated than the men on this team, the coaches on this team," he said, "You lose the game this is flat-out not acceptable. All you can do is look at the facts and move on to the next one"

Chris Will

Premium Member
May 12, 2023
On the Salute to Those Who Served Week:
"I can say on my end that I woke up each day a little more juiced up and a little more grateful"
"This was a really good reminder that we are blessed to have what we have and play a sport like this."