• We've made some major changes! Be sure to read this thread in order to get everything moved over.

Are there any fans that believe Billy is the answer

Panhandle UF

May 11, 2023
I'm reading Twitter and Facebook and all the message boards and it's like a hundred percent consensus from what I've seen that no one believes that Billy Napier is going to be the one to bring us back to being good.

I want to see if there's anyone here who thinks he's still the man that can do it.

Are there any Billy believers on here?

Dave

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2023
Not here! With all of the resources that he has hired around him (the largest staff every), there are no improvements in his tenure. For him to be allowed to continue will hurt our recruiting and lead to a massive exodus of talent during the portal. It's time to clean house, starting with Stricklin who just said "I believe Billy Napier is going to be a Florida football coach for a long, long time." At what expense? He's just as big of an embarrassment as all of his HC hires.

Termigator

May 8, 2023
We might be 2-5 going into the UGA game. Firing him immediately after KY would be prudent. But the University Interim President needs to fire Strickland as well OR designate Spurrier to be in charge of selecting the next HBC.

Gatlin Gator

May 12, 2023
We'll beat the bejesus out of this no name team we play on Saturday and you'll see fans starting to forget about how bad we got beat by Miami.

We'll go on to maybe win five or six games and he'll get another season and fans will start to believe again.

He's never going to win anything for us though.

JayM

Premium Member
May 8, 2023
Super disappointing game Saturday, one of the top 2 most disappointing games in my tenure as a Gator football fan.

It's not looking good for Napier right now but let's see how good Miami turns out to be and if we can get it together and play hard for the rest of our schedule.

Still losing at home to Miami the way we did is not acceptable regardless of how good they might be.

drumlin

Aug 10, 2023
I’m going to wait until more games are played.
I agree, especially when you look at last year.
Their first game against Utah was not very pretty, but they improved, somewhat after that.
The problem was the back end of the schedule and their five straight losses to end the year.
I would like to see if anything changes from that pattern this year.