• We've made some major changes! Be sure to read this thread in order to get everything moved over.

20/23 for 2023: Jackson’s wide open path to playing time

RegGator

May 16, 2023
Outside of Pearsall we don\'t have any receivers who have done anything in a game. Burke, Douglas and Jackson are all players who made like 5 catches with better receivers around them. If they draw the other teams top 2 or 3 CB can they get open and do anything?

The talented WR are young and we have Mertz throwing the ball.

I\'m thinking we might be in trouble.

crfcom

Premium Member
May 10, 2023
Burke is more important than some realize. He has the speed and the route skills of a more mature player. He will draw double coverage, which will equal single coverage on a couple of other receivers who could also be trouble like Eugene Wilson who will likely line up in the slot. When you watch him in space, you'll think Toney is back. Micah Mazzccua and Cam Carrol may be the most important additions to the offense. They are both huge and Carrol and Etienne may both draw more carries than Johnson or Webb. Mazzccua was talked about in spring as another Torrence. UF's offense will have more to work with than many think, and Mertz may surprise most. He's in the right kind of offense and with the right coach for him to do well, for the first time in his college career.

crfcom

Premium Member
May 10, 2023
I wasn't there, but an article I was reading back in early spring right after Carrol showed up in camp said he was good enough to move up the depth chart, which is a pretty talented and proven depth chart. I can't remember the exact words but the jist of it was that he was already #3 on the chart and would likely move up. Suffice to say he impressed the staff and other players. The UF RB room is stronger and deeper than some realize.