• We've made some major changes! Be sure to read this thread in order to get everything moved over.

2-10

Berman

Sep 4, 2024
My father first took me to a UF football game in 1960. The opponent was Tulane and the Gators won. This was the beginning of the Ray Graves era. whose teams averaged 7-3 over ten years. Two biggest wins in the 1960s were Penn State and Alabama. Both were in the Top 10 (there was no Top 25 back then).

I was at the Gator Bowl bowl game in 1969 when Florida beat Tennessee and the next day hired the Vols head coach Doug Dickey instead of Graves assistant Gene Ellenson. Dickey's teams averaged 7-4 during the 1970s

Charley Pell and Galen Hall had overall winning records at UF despite being on probation in the 1980s.

Then Steve Spurrier arrives on campus and things change. The dynasty period lasted through Urban Meyer's time in Gainesville.

The last decade has been a real drag but you can see that I am no fair weather fan. However, I have much less interest now than ever before. Plus, with all the commercials the games last too long.