• We've made some major changes! Be sure to read this thread in order to get everything moved over.

Not sure why people are afraid of FSU next season.

Termigator

May 8, 2023
Norvell has had one good season and people are falling all over him. Let's see how he can sustain it after this year's personnel losses. My guess they take a huge step back.

JayM

Premium Member
May 8, 2023
I'm not terribly worried. It all depends on QB play. If DJ U plays as well as Jordan Travis then there might be some concern, and you would have to give Norvell credit for that. But, I have my doubts about that.

And, they didn't exactly dominate us in either of the last two years. Had we had the schedules they had over the last two years, we would have been bowling both years and Napier would be an up and coming coach like Norvell.

I think we will have better QB play than FSU this year and we are more connected as a team. Relying so much on transfers and NIL will eventually bite you in the a**.

Verobeachgator

Premium Member
May 9, 2023
I'm not terribly worried. It all depends on QB play. If DJ U plays as well as Jordan Travis then there might be some concern, and you would have to give Norvell credit for that. But, I have my doubts about that.

And, they didn't exactly dominate us in either of the last two years. Had we had the schedules they had over the last two years, we would have been bowling both years and Napier would be an up and coming coach like Norvell.

I think we will have better QB play than FSU this year and we are more connected as a team. Relying so much on transfers and NIL will eventually bite you in the a**.
How would Napier be an up an coming coach when he still lost to Norvell and FSU the last two years?

I hate to admit it but they got the coaching hire right and so far it looks like we got it wrong.

JayM

Premium Member
May 8, 2023
How would Napier be an up an coming coach when he still lost to Norvell and FSU the last two years?

I hate to admit it but they got the coaching hire right and so far it looks like we got it wrong.
If Napier had been 8-4 and 9-3 in his first two seasons there would be optimism and not doom and gloom.

With FSUs schedule, 8-4 and 9-3 would have been no problem and we would have looked impressive in some of those games.

We'll see how Norvell does but so far I think he's been the beneficiary of some very good fortune and Napier has had breaks at every turn, including the schedule. Let's hope things even up a little this year.