• We've made some major changes! Be sure to read this thread in order to get everything moved over.

Who would be 1 or 2 names on your head coaching short list?

OrangeandBlue

Premium Member
May 8, 2023
This isn't me saying I want to see coach Napier gone but if we made a change who are 1 or 2 names that would be on your short list?

I like the offense Kalen DeBoer at Washington runs. They throw the ball and they are all gas no brakes until the final whistle.

UFChad14

May 16, 2023
There aren't any sure things out there.

Remember when people thought that Napier was because he turned down South Carolina and Tennessee?

I don't even think Lincoln Riley would be a sure thing. He doesn't like playing defense and you can't do that in the SEC.

Romeg8r

Jul 14, 2023
We are stuck in a catch 22 here. Napier better be the guy. Because if we fire him nobody worth a damn is going to want to come here. And you can say “just pay what it takes” but that is not feasible after paying Napier his 31 million buyout. Like it or not we are stuck with Billy for at least two more seasons after this one.

Termigator

May 8, 2023
Elko or throw everything we have at urban. Dudes a mercenary and I don’t care about ethics if is gets us back to elite.
I often disagree with you on here, but I agree 100%. With the facilities and support staff we have now, just think what Urban would do. And, with his huge Ego, I believe he would come back here in hurry and prove that he can still do it. You are right, he is a mercenary, and with the contract written properly, he would be here in a heartbeat. My only worry is, do we have enough big boosters to complete the current stadium project AND pay off Napier.

BD489

Premium Member
May 8, 2023
I often disagree with you on here, but I agree 100%. With the facilities and support staff we have now, just think what Urban would do. And, with his huge Ego, I believe he would come back here in hurry and prove that he can still do it. You are right, he is a mercenary, and with the contract written properly, he would be here in a heartbeat. My only worry is, do we have enough big boosters to complete the current stadium project AND pay off Napier.
He’s also proven he can leave infrastructure and a head coach in waiting in place which would be a scenario where he leaves us in a better spot than he found us. Unlike his last departure

Reactions: Termigator

Termigator

May 8, 2023
That’s what we said about Mullen but then we found out he couldn’t recruit those athletes at Florida either.
It is a reach to say that anything in Mullen's personality or ability is anywhere near Kiffin. Truth is, I heard Spurrier speaking in Tampa back in the late 90s and he stated that he hated going into a 17- or 18-year-olds living room and begging him to come to UF. He was just a brilliant play caller which more than evened the playing field. He even had a winning head-to-head record against Saban.