• We've made some major changes! Be sure to read this thread in order to get everything moved over.

Mitchell Q&A: An in-depth look at Florida football from a player perspective

Panhandle UF

May 11, 2023
Why would their fans want to get rid of Day just because he lost to Michigan but beats almost every other team.

We can't meet any of our rivals and we haven't for a few years.

If Day was available we should scoop him up in a heartbeat.

Titletown

May 10, 2023
Look at the ways he thinks that we are better than Ohio State and tell me why we can\'t win more.

If coach gets fired do the things like Gator Made stay with us and keep going or does it go with him?

Termigator

May 8, 2023
Look at the ways he thinks that we are better than Ohio State and tell me why we can\'t win more.

If coach gets fired do the things like Gator Made stay with us and keep going or does it go with him?
I hope Napier is successful here for a myriad of reasons, but if it does not work out, I would take Day in a heartbeat. He was here for one year (2005), so it would not be a total culture shock for him. BUT, lets hope Coach Nape wins a minimum of 8 games in the regular season this year, because I believe he would be on his way to success.

G-Ville_Gator

Premium Member
May 9, 2023
What do we need all these computers and different equipment for when the proven method is to do presses and lifts. Bench press, squat, clean, clean and press.

Princely Umanmielen said the same thing about our weight program.

We didn't learn shit.

Do we think we know better than OSU? Check out their record and check out ours.

Go Gators TJ

May 11, 2023
I hope Napier is successful here for a myriad of reasons, but if it does not work out, I would take Day in a heartbeat. He was here for one year (2005), so it would not be a total culture shock for him. BUT, lets hope Coach Nape wins a minimum of 8 games in the regular season this year, because I believe he would be on his way to success.
If Day had any interest in us we should fire Stricklin and Napier at the same moment and give Day a 10 year deal the next moment.

He would automatically have us as one of the top 3 teams in the SEC year after year in in the playoffs almost every year.

Reactions: Termigator

Tampa area Gator

Premium Member
May 9, 2023
What do we need all these computers and different equipment for when the proven method is to do presses and lifts. Bench press, squat, clean, clean and press.

Princely Umanmielen said the same thing about our weight program.

We didn't learn shit.

Do we think we know better than OSU? Check out their record and check out ours.
That all was under Hoche. I think or I hope we changed with this new coach.

The rest of it was pretty cool to read. He thinks we have the programs in place to win here.

JayM

Premium Member
May 8, 2023
If Day had any interest in us we should fire Stricklin and Napier at the same moment and give Day a 10 year deal the next moment.

He would automatically have us as one of the top 3 teams in the SEC year after year in in the playoffs almost every year.
I'm not sure he would be able to recruit as well as UF as he has at Ohio State. Those guys are on a roll and have lots of NFL success lately and lots of on the field success lately, and lots and lots of money and an administration that cares about football.

Day is obviously a good coach and almost certainly an upgrade over Napier but he has benefited alot from being the Big Ten, as did Meyer. Up until 2024, they only play two games a year that they have the potential to lose. They've had at least 10 wins banked before the season starts. It would be much more difficult in the SEC.

Even this year the only two games on their schedule they could possibly lose are Michigan and at Oregon. Michigan should take a big step backwards this year maybe it's just one game with any intrigue.

Termigator

May 8, 2023
I'm not sure he would be able to recruit as well as UF as he has at Ohio State. Those guys are on a roll and have lots of NFL success lately and lots of on the field success lately, and lots and lots of money and an administration that cares about football.

Day is obviously a good coach and almost certainly an upgrade over Napier but he has benefited alot from being the Big Ten, as did Meyer. Up until 2024, they only play two games a year that they have the potential to lose. They've had at least 10 wins banked before the season starts. It would be much more difficult in the SEC.

Even this year the only two games on their schedule they could possibly lose are Michigan and at Oregon. Michigan should take a big step backwards this year maybe it's just one game with any intrigue.
For all of the right reasons and possibly a few of the wrong reasons, Day would be Urban 2.0 I would take him in a heartbeat to be our HBC.