• We've made some major changes! Be sure to read this thread in order to get everything moved over.

Florida vs Central Florida post game presser thread

lancewilliams

Premium Member
Aug 28, 2024
"On the player end, there was a ton of ownership. 'Look we can do better, what is the solution?' We did better in all parts to get a solution," said Napier.

lancewilliams

Premium Member
Aug 28, 2024
Napier on plays made by young guys (ex: McCray, Howard, etc.):

"There's a ton of mental. Those guys, it's starting to make sense. They're starting to acquire reps, those add up. They'll be a compound effect there."

lancewilliams

Premium Member
Aug 28, 2024
Napier on two QB system today:

"We started fast. Graham made a bunch of plays on that first drive. I think we stuck with our plan. I do think that UCF gave us some game plan pressures. I think we could've done a better job on third down. The leadership we had during this week, it's a very healthy dynamic for our team."

lancewilliams

Premium Member
Aug 28, 2024
Napier on players on other teams opting out/redshirting midseason: "This group is consumed with getting better," said Napier. "All levels of the team. We have guys who don't want to be a distraction."

lancewilliams

Premium Member
Aug 28, 2024
How close was Tre Wilson to playing? What about the other guys to step up?
"Burke got banged up pregame and wasn't avaliable. So here we go. He (Tank) stepped up in a major way. We do feel good in Tre and Aidan (Mizell)'s progress. There was a part of me that said that Joker was ready to go. Wednesday at 8 you'll have that information."

lancewilliams

Premium Member
Aug 28, 2024
Napier on running into the kicker call and emotion:

"I think sometimes that can be gray. Rugby punter, we felt like he was outside the pocket. I was here to compete tonight."

@InsideTheGators

lancewilliams

Premium Member
Aug 28, 2024
KJ Jefferson shined last year. How did that play tonight? Napier:

"Familiarity was a factor. Stopping that offense starts with him. You gotta wrap up and finish, we did that well."

lancewilliams

Premium Member
Aug 28, 2024
How did the bye week affect the line of scrimmage?

"Every part of the team got better because of the intensity and practice. Different than any approach we've did in the past. Not sure we'll do anything different in the future."

lancewilliams

Premium Member
Aug 28, 2024
"We made a big emphasis on standing your gap. We got the result today," said Gumbs.

Gumbs on what teammates told him about KJ:
"They gave me some insights on what happened last year. Grab up and hold on."