• We've made some major changes! Be sure to read this thread in order to get everything moved over.

Coaching Board

Tampa area Gator

Premium Member
May 9, 2023
We need this start putting together serious names who would take this job when Napier is let go.

I see fans bring up Lane Kiffin but why would he leave Ole Miss when he has them at the top and they have better NIL than we do.

Who could we get that would really want to come here?

Termigator

May 8, 2023
I would add Bill O'Brien who made FSU look terrible in Tally with his first game as HBC. Then add Jedd Fisch to the list the HC at Washington, who turned around AZ and was a Grad Asst under Spurrier. I also 100% agree with all of the comments above. I never thought I would say this but at this point I believe that it will be impossible to turn it around. I have also changed in what I feel about him personally. Only someone who is in denial would make a comment about "some guy in his basement" making negative comments about the program. He needs to go during the open week after Miss St. Make Spurrier the interim and then put him in charge of the search committee.

Impact_Gator

Aug 20, 2024
Lane Kiffin - he may opt to stay at Ole Miss but he may not. He looked at Auburn long and hard. Is Florida worth the jump?

Lance Leipold - great coach. Seems content in Lawrence. Worth a call

Jedd Fisch -

Mark Stoops?

Alex Groelsh?

Kirby Moore?

I'm still hoping we win every game but at this point going 6-6 looks like a long shot.

BD489

Premium Member
May 8, 2023
I would add Bill O'Brien who made FSU look terrible in Tally with his first game as HBC. Then add Jedd Fisch to the list the HC at Washington, who turned around AZ and was a Grad Asst under Spurrier. I also 100% agree with all of the comments above. I never thought I would say this but at this point I believe that it will be impossible to turn it around. I have also changed in what I feel about him personally. Only someone who is in denial would make a comment about "some guy in his basement" making negative comments about the program. He needs to go during the open week after Miss St. Make Spurrier the interim and then put him in charge of the search committee.
O’Brien won his first game as did Napier. I’m not willing to go that far. I like fisch but he has bounced around a ton, something strange about that.

JayM

Premium Member
May 8, 2023
Even if we wanted them there is no way Kiffin, Swinney, O'Brien, Meyer, Stoops or Day will ever coach at Florida. Don't even bother calling them.

If we have to replace Napier the only serious candidate is Jedd Fisch. It would be quite embarrassing if we can't get him given he's an alum and UF pays more.

I'm not a fan of firing coaches but I would welcome Jedd Fisch. I think that would work and he might keep the good parts of the team together.

BD489

Premium Member
May 8, 2023
Serious names only please.

There's no way we would hire Meyer after the crime wave he brought with him the first time.
We have been bad since Meyers departure or at least inconsistent. He was able to leave Ohio state with a future head coach he hired as well as infrastructure that has helped them maintain success. If he was willing to come back for 6 or 7 years and return the program to glory as well as set us up for future success…I’m starting to wonder if it’s possible.