• We've made some major changes! Be sure to read this thread in order to get everything moved over.

Billy Napier and Select Players Wednesday Press Conference

alyssabrittonharr

Staff member
Premium Member
May 9, 2023
Napier on Tre Wilson, "Not exactly sure what category we will put him in but he has done some things in practice this week. We feel good about his progress."

alyssabrittonharr

Staff member
Premium Member
May 9, 2023
Napier on status of him with the team, "Anytime we spend on that would be a complete distraction. We have to hit the reset button and focus on improving for each week."

alyssabrittonharr

Staff member
Premium Member
May 9, 2023
Napier on players opting out, "I can't comment on that specifically happening outside. We have had a few situations where it was mutual, but we have guys who are hungry and ready to get out there. The key is that you don't allow that to be a distraction on your team."

alyssabrittonharr

Staff member
Premium Member
May 9, 2023
Napier on recruiting, "I want players to come here and have individual success, but I also want them to have success on the team. I want them to have the education and a place that they can come back and call home."

alyssabrittonharr

Staff member
Premium Member
May 9, 2023
Napier on tight end passes against Mississippi State, "Hayden and Arlis continue to get better and it gives us a little versatility. Amir Jackson has had a good couple days."

alyssabrittonharr

Staff member
Premium Member
May 9, 2023
Napier on running back options, "I think it's very competitive in that room, Montrell is an established veteran, and we are just rewarding the behavior that we see."

alyssabrittonharr

Staff member
Premium Member
May 9, 2023
Napier on defensive communication, "We put mics on players in practice, so we can hear the actual communication. It gives us a little bit of an idea of what's actually taking place. That part helps and it has to be a habit and a defined process on game days in our stadium."

alyssabrittonharr

Staff member
Premium Member
May 9, 2023
Napier on rotation, "I think the backs, Ball, Jacoby, and Webb continue to get better. Tony Livingston we felt was a guy that is improving too. Burke is also is the best in his career both on and off the field."

alyssabrittonharr

Staff member
Premium Member
May 9, 2023
Napier on Jack Pyburn, "Part of the value there is how he makes everyone around him better. He has done a lot and his practice today, it's very evident that 44 is on the field."

alyssabrittonharr

Staff member
Premium Member
May 9, 2023
Pybrun on returning from injury, "The hardest thing for me was not being able to play the game I love for so long. The rehab was not a hard part for me because it gave me time to work on my weaknesses. I take everything as a blessing."

alyssabrittonharr

Staff member
Premium Member
May 9, 2023
Pyburn on being out for seven months, "I told my trainer I wanted to do it faster and better than anyone has ever done it. I was up at 6:30 am every morning working and doing it around my school schedule."

alyssabrittonharr

Staff member
Premium Member
May 9, 2023
Pyburn on defensive struggles, "We have a lot of great players on defense, we just have to come together. It's a struggle for me because I know how good we can be."