• We've made some major changes! Be sure to read this thread in order to get everything moved over.

🏈 Football Practice Insider 8/14/24 Practice Observations & Video

Mark Wheeler

Publisher
Staff member
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2023
Gainesville
insidethegators.com
Before (or after) reading our Insider Observations from Wednesday's practice, check out our Take Five: Football Camp Preview. We go over the strengths and weaknesses as well as break down players into several groups.

It was an early evening practice at the Heavener Complex - that because of inclement weather in the area, had to be held in the IPF. We really didn't get a chance to walk around and see a lot. So, for our abbreviated observations...

Since he led off our observations a week ago for not being seen at practice, it's only fair to report that Cormani McClain was there today, and taking part in the drills.

Kam James and Jack Pyburn were out of their non-contact jerseys and drilling full speed.

The only two players I saw with a non-contact jersey on today were Bryce Thornton (again) and Bryce Lovett. Yesterday I mentioned that Kamryn Waites was out of his non-contact jersey, and working out with a coach on the side before joining his position group. Today he (and Lovett) was again working out with a coach on the side.

Instead of being with his position group (at least while we were in there), Montrell Johnson Jr. was on a treadmill inside.

Also, I'll make mention of what I believe is a little more energy out of defensive tackle Caleb Banks. At times, coaches, and his fellow linemen have gotten on him for what appears as a lackadaisical attitude out there, but the last two practices, his energy level has been higher. Today, he was at the front of the defensive tackle drills, where in the past he has mostly hung out in the back.