• We've made some major changes! Be sure to read this thread in order to get everything moved over.

On the Mark: Help is on the way, sort of

Gator Thriller

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2023
We are getting closer everywhere but on the OL. It doesn't matter if we get Lagway, Smith, Bowens or 5 stars across the board if we don't have a line up front.

Termigator

May 8, 2023
Other than Fletcher Westphal who is on the way, only Austin Barber could be considered to be a starter on UGA's OL. My seats were in the endzone Saturday, and Barber consistently kept his man off Mertz and on multiple run plays he put the man he was blocking on their backside. He appears to have a D-lineman's mentality. I have said before the use of 2 OL Coaches by us seems to be a vast waste of resources and possibly be used to either hire an O-Coordinator or another DB coach.

OrangeandBlue

Premium Member
May 8, 2023
Are we recruiting good enough to go toe to toe with UGA, Bama and LSU? From what Napier has shown so far he is going to have to have supirior talent to win the big games. He isn\'t going to outcoach anyone.

BD489

Premium Member
May 8, 2023
We are getting closer everywhere but on the OL. It doesn't matter if we get Lagway, Smith, Bowens or 5 stars across the board if we don't have a line up front.
Bit like a muschamp class. Great overall but the OL isn’t being fully addressed. Had Billy gotten a class like this last year he’d be better off as he will have a ton of pressure on himself in 2025 to win big.

BD489

Premium Member
May 8, 2023
Are we recruiting good enough to go toe to toe with UGA, Bama and LSU? From what Napier has shown so far he is going to have to have supirior talent to win the big games. He isn\'t going to outcoach anyone.
Everyone said the same thing about Smart. He did recruit so well though it didn’t matter so let’s hope Billy can get there.

Dan the Man

Premium Member
May 8, 2023
Other than Fletcher Westphal who is on the way, only Austin Barber could be considered to be a starter on UGA's OL. My seats were in the endzone Saturday, and Barber consistently kept his man off Mertz and on multiple run plays he put the man he was blocking on their backside. He appears to have a D-lineman's mentality. I have said before the use of 2 OL Coaches by us seems to be a vast waste of resources and possibly be used to either hire an O-Coordinator or another DB coach.
Didn't Baeber give up 2 sacks? He wouldn't start over Mims. He was out hurt but is considered one of the best Draft linemen.

If you think about it, they scored 43 points without Bowers or their the best OL.

RegGator

May 16, 2023
We haven't been able to get great linemen since Meyer was here.

We got the transfer to come with Billy but that is because they had ties to him.

If we get Seaton we might start catching UGA.