• We've made some major changes! Be sure to read this thread in order to get everything moved over.

Former Florida Player Feedback: 10 Observations

Gatlin Gator

May 12, 2023
The business analogy is the closest thing I've seen written about Napier and our football team.

In the real world of business he would have bankrupted us by now with what we've spent on him and in the company he runs without seeing any return on those investments.

Titletown

May 10, 2023
I respect what the former players have to say because they have what's best for UF football ahead of themselves.

If coach Napier gets us to a bowl game against this schedule he should get another year to show what he can do with DJ Lagway as the starter for a whole year.

BD489

Premium Member
May 8, 2023
I respect what the former players have to say because they have what's best for UF football ahead of themselves.

If coach Napier gets us to a bowl game against this schedule he should get another year to show what he can do with DJ Lagway as the starter for a whole year.
This schedule isn’t as daunting as it appeared when the year began. Why would 6-6 (minimum for bowl game) warrant another year? He took over a 6 win team and will need a bowl game to maybe do better for the first time in year 3…kinda defines failure as a head coach.

Termigator

May 8, 2023
One of the best analyses I have read on Napier and our program in general. Ever since I saw our schedule and people talking about how difficult it is, I thought, what would Spurrier say about it? When Spurrier and/or Urban Meyer were here as the HBC and we were on someone's schedule, it immediately meant that team had a tough schedule. Quit whining about the schedule everyone; for the rest of the season, we need to make other teams pay for us being on their schedule.

Comountaingator

Premium Member
May 12, 2023

If he’s given another year, Stricklin should mandate that he hire a top OC and pay enough to get him here. Napier could then focus on what he does best: recruiting, organization, culture building.

Reactions: Termigator

JDCO96

Aug 7, 2023
The business analogy is the closest thing I've seen written about Napier and our football team.

In the real world of business he would have bankrupted us by now with what we've spent on him and in the company he runs without seeing any return on those investments.
Businesses make investments all the time that they don't start reaping the rewards for until years down the road.