• We've made some major changes! Be sure to read this thread in order to get everything moved over.

Florida Football Preseason Superlatives

UFgator52-20

May 10, 2023
Why be so negative? I know you want to keep your reputation but the week of the game I put everything to the side and think we can win them all until we lose at least one of them.

Termigator

May 8, 2023
It is crazy to see that in each game of Texas, LSU and Ole Miss, that 2 of these "experts" picked UF to win and only one of them picked us to win against FSU, but still picked us to go 6-6. That is some delusional logic. IF we win against LSU and Ole Miss, I predict we go 10-2.

Mark Wheeler

Publisher
Staff member
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2023
Gainesville
insidethegators.com
Why be so negative? I know you want to keep your reputation but the week of the game I put everything to the side and think we can win them all until we lose at least one of them.
A fan can absolutely think that way. We don't look at it as trying to be positive or negative, this is realistically, right or wrong, how we think it plays out.

As for myself, I don't think I have been negative at all. Two years ago I had UF at 8-4 in the Superlatives. They finished 6-6. Last year I had them 6-6, they finished 5-7. So if anything, I have been overly optimistic.

Last edited:

Mark Wheeler

Publisher
Staff member
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2023
Gainesville
insidethegators.com
It is crazy to see that in each game of Texas, LSU and Ole Miss, that 2 of these "experts" picked UF to win and only one of them picked us to win against FSU, but still picked us to go 6-6. That is some delusional logic. IF we win against LSU and Ole Miss, I predict we go 10-2.
In most instances, I don't know that there is that much carryover. I mean, UF beat a highly ranked Utah team to start the 2022 season, and finished with a losing record.

This year, who knows? If UF beats Miami, especially if it is convincingly, I can see that helping build momentum to go on a run. If they lose that game though, I can see it turning sour fast.

Mark Wheeler

Publisher
Staff member
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2023
Gainesville
insidethegators.com
Three of you might want to change your FSU game predictions.
We may very well have different thoughts on the outcome by the time the game rolls around.

Or FSU may be on a 10 game losing streak and UF might be on an 11 game losing streak and it won't change.

That is why this disclaimer is posted directly underneath the predictions:

To be clear, this is how each of us feels a week before the start of the season. By the time game week actually rolls around, our picks could change.