• We've made some major changes! Be sure to read this thread in order to get everything moved over.

Take Five: Fall Camp Preview

Tampa area Gator

Premium Member
May 9, 2023
I'm in agreement. We have some positives that makes me think we could be better this year but our negatives are glaring too.

I am worried about the lines too.

You don't mention it but I'm worried the most about coach Napier being outcoached again every week.

Go Gators TJ

May 11, 2023
We aren't where we need to be yet but we are improving on the lines.

Maybe are players wouldn't start for Georgia or Ohio State but we have 3-4 who would start at TN, UK, SC and teams like that.

Termigator

May 8, 2023
I'm in agreement. We have some positives that makes me think we could be better this year but our negatives are glaring too.

I am worried about the lines too.

You don't mention it but I'm worried the most about coach Napier being outcoached again every week.
I doubt Cristobal can out coach anyone; but all the others except for Malzahn will be tough for Napier to out coach. I am hoping Ron Robert's influence on the Defense and the new Special Teams guru will eliminate those problem areas. If our D can be a top 50 D, we might win 7-8 games.

RegGator

May 16, 2023
That part about more talent means the coaches can bench players is the realist thing I\'ve seen on any magazine or site.

The bench is Napier\'s best friend.

UFgator52-20

May 10, 2023
Already made a reply in the other topic about us having NFL speed.

How is it different what we're doing than the NFL?

A MPH is a MPH whether you're in a Chevy or a Ford.

If we have 15 players that can run 22 MPH it's the same speed no matter how it's done.

Mark Wheeler

Publisher
Staff member
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2023
Gainesville
insidethegators.com
Already made a reply in the other topic about us having NFL speed.

How is it different what we're doing than the NFL?

A MPH is a MPH whether you're in a Chevy or a Ford.

If we have 15 players that can run 22 MPH it's the same speed no matter how it's done.
In a vehicle, MPH might be the same regardless of make or model, but what we are talking about here are two different ways that speed is being measured.

Not to be a complete butthead, but common sense tells you that it has to be different.

If not, using the MPH provided by NexGen Stats of every player on all 32 NFL teams in 2022 season and mixing in what Florida's strength coach is reporting on UF football player's MPH speeds, the Gators would own 17 of the 19 fastest players.

Does that seem at all plausible?

Do you really think that speeds are being measured the same and that Florida has 17 of the 19 fastest players when you are including all the NFL players in the 2022 season in there as well?

UFgator52-20

May 10, 2023
In a vehicle, MPH might be the same regardless of make or model, but what we are talking about here are two different ways that speed is being measured.

Not to be a complete butthead, but common sense tells you that it has to be different.

If not, using the MPH provided by NexGen Stats of every player on all 32 NFL teams in 2022 season and mixing in what Florida's strength coach is reporting on UF football player's MPH speeds, the Gators would own 17 of the 19 fastest players.

Does that seem at all plausible?

Do you really think that speeds are being measured the same and that Florida has 17 of the 19 fastest players when you are including all the NFL players in the 2022 season in there as well?
That's fine. I don't think we're fast as NFL teams but we are fast no matter how they measure it.

Gatlin Gator

May 12, 2023
I doubt Cristobal can out coach anyone; but all the others except for Malzahn will be tough for Napier to out coach. I am hoping Ron Robert's influence on the Defense and the new Special Teams guru will eliminate those problem areas. If our D can be a top 50 D, we might win 7-8 games.
The new ST guru? Isn't Couch still here?