Florida is gearing up to tip-off the college basketball season, as they take on No. 17 Florida State Tuesday night. The Gators return some key contributors from a year ago, while adding some young talent. With the season ready to get underway, it is time to look at how the Gators depth chart could play out throughout the year.
- Andrew Nembhard 6’5’’/191– Nembhard is a lengthy, pass-first guard who was tabbed a five-star rating from some recruiting services.
- Mike Okauru 6’3”/ 191 – Okauru averaged just 3.8 points as a freshman, but offers depth to both guard spots and can knock down 3-pointers.
- KeVaughn Allen 6’2”/193 – After a struggle of a junior campaign, Allen will look to get back into form when he averaged 14 points per game as a sophomore.
- Noah Locke 6’3”/ 205 – A freshman rated as a four-star prospect, Locke is a knockdown shooter with great range who recorded 2,350 career points in high school.
Shooting Guard/ Small Forward
- Jalen Hudson 6’6”/ 195 – A dynamic scorer who led the team in points per game a season ago, Hudson possesses deep range along with the ability to get to the basket.
- Deaundrae Ballard 6’5”/ 197 – Averaged 3.7 points as a freshman but brings great length and versatility to the Gators depth.
- Keyontae Johnson 6’5”/225 – A freak athlete who can jump out of the gym, Johnson is a tremendous finisher around the basket.
- Keith Stone 6’8”/253 – After what could be consider a breakthrough sophomore campaign, Stone showed he has the ability to be productive in the paint while being an effective shooter from deep.
- Dontay Bassett 6’9”/ 237 – Strong player who can post up down-low but can still face up and attack defenders.
- Isaiah Stokes 6’8”/ 270 – Recovering from a torn-ACL, Stokes is a big-body player with a skilled offensive game backed by a good jumper and post presence.
- Kevarrius Hayes 6’9”/ 227 – The best shot-blocker on the team, Hayes blocked 67 shots a year ago and will be the key for the Gators defensively.
- Gorjok Gak 6’11”/ 254 – Great passer for a big-man and another shot-blocking presence, however has struggled mightily with injuries in his collegiate career.