FLORIDA FOOTBALL & RECRUITING COVERAGE
- Four-star lineman has decided, ready to announce
- Mullen: Responsibility is to do what's best for Florida
- WCC: Target McCoy is contacted by Mullen
- WCC: Florida commit reacts to Hevesy being fired
- WCC: Update on UF commit Livingston
- Vote: Is Mullen the long term solution?
- Inside the Gators: Mock Signing Class 7.0
- Left scrambling, Florida extends an unprecedented eight October offers
- Coach's Corner: Q&A with former UF assistant Red Anderson
- One-on-One with Steve Spurrier (Audio added)
- Where are they Now: Shane Matthews talks Florida Football
Florida head coach Dan Mullen spoke to the media during the weekly SEC Coaches Teleconference before Saturday’s game in The Swamp.
Here are the top takeaways from his comments.
- “I think our guys are excited and ready to get back in The Swamp it’s been five weeks,” said Mullen.
- As expected, coach Mullen was asked about the recent firing of Todd Grantham. "It's always a hard deal, but that is the deal of being a head football coach you have to make those decisions, said, coach Dan Mullen. When asked about Christian Robinson being promoted to Interim Defensive Coordinator, Dan Mullen responded with he has been with me a long time and he knows our defense inside and out, I think he is a sharp, bright and up-and-coming coach.”
- “I know he is going to bring the energy and he is excited about the opportunity,” said Mullen when asked about Robinson. When he was asked about practice this week he responded with, “yeah we continue to have good practices, I think we have had a good week so far.” Mullen also said a “buncha guys missed Monday practice and some mixed Tuesday. We are getting closer to full strength.”
- Mullen was also asked about quarterback Anthony Richardson who injured his knee while dancing at the team hotel the night before a 40-17 loss at South Carolina, he responded with “Anthony practiced Tuesday in somewhat of a limited capacity, we feel good he’ll be cleared to play on Saturday”.
- Coach Mullen was also asked if he will be more involved with the defense he responded with “I am always involved with the defense I’m not in there telling them what to do, but we have some veteran coaches and we aren’t going to make a lot of changes.”
WCC: Updates on everything Dan Mullen had to say can be seen HERE.