FLORIDA FOOTBALL & RECRUITING COVERAGE
- WCC: Updating when the remaining signees will report
- Four-star back Facetimes with Florida coaches ahead of official visit
- Former Florida standout Floyd mentoring current top target White
- Defense: Projecting the two-deep depth chart
- Redshirt Report: Umanmielen made most of opportunities, looking to make an impact
- Redshirt Report: Helm staking out claim as an underclassman to watch
- Four-star James shares thoughts on final two
- ITG Mock Signing Class 1.0
- Post Spring Anonymous Player Q&A Part II
- Post Spring Anonymous Player Q&A Part I
- Florida’s Terrific 10 Targets
- Defensive Replacements: How the Gators will fill starting roles
- Offensive Replacements: How the Gators will fill starting roles
- Former Florida Football Player Roundtable III
- Redshirt Report: Wilcoxson goal is to be a key piece on defense
- Where are they Now: Shane Matthews talks Florida Football
Many Florida fans can recall the moment wide receiver Marcus Burke committed to the Gators over bitter rival Georgia. Burke capped off his high school career with the game-winning score for Jacksonville (Fla.) Trinity Christian Academy’s FHSAA State Championship title, which got the Gator Nation even more excited for the 6-foot-3, 180-pound wide receiver to get to the Swamp.
Burke, the highest-rated receiver in Florida’s 2021 class, is set to enroll Friday for Summer A. Inside the Gators spoke to the First Coast native about his recruiting process and got to know him better as a person in this edition of Getting to Know.
Take us through the process that led to your commitment. What was that experience like for you?
”I committed to Florida because of the coaching. I love the coaches. I had the best opportunity at Florida and I’d be close to home.”
Which school came in second for you? Why?
”Georgia. I loved the coaches, too. I had a good relationship with the coaches as well. They came in second because they had too many receivers.”
What would you say are some of your greatest strengths as a football player?
”Speed. I can also run routes, not just go for the deep ball like you might see in my highlights.
Who is the prospect that you have talked to the most from the Class of 2021?
”My high school teammate Austin Barber is also committed to Florida, and I talk to him. That’s it, though.
- Getting to Know: Class of 2021 Signees Newsfeed
- Getting to Know: Class of 2020 Signees Newsfeed
- Getting to Know: Class of 2019 Signees Newsfeed
What would be your first purchase if you got drafted in the first round of the NFL Draft?
”I would buy my momma a house.”
What is one item that you cannot live without it? Why?
”My phone. I always need my phone, and I’m always on it.”
Who has been the biggest role model for you in your life? Why?
“My dad. He always works hard. He’s a positive, good dude and a great man. I look up to him.”
What are your favorite types of music? Do you have a favorite artist or song?
”I like drill music. I like Kodak, and sometimes Kevin Gates.”
What is your favorite movie?
”I don’t watch movies, for real.”
If you could meet one person in the world, who would that be?
If you a chance to go on a dream date, who would it be with?
Where do you see yourself five years from now?
”In the NFL.”
What are three things on your bucket list?
“I want to be rich.”
“I want to be in the NFL.”
“I want to have a big family.”
What is one thing about you that the Gator Nation would be surprised to find out about you?
”I love art.”