FLORIDA FOOTBALL & RECRUITING COVERAGE
- Instant Analysis: Gators throttle Seminoles 40-17
- WCC: Florida-Florida State Game Thread
- Live Coverage: Post-game press conference
- WCC: Weekend Visitor Updates
- Weekend Visitor Preview
Following the Florida Gators (10-2, 6-2) 40-17 blowout victory over the Florida State Seminoles (6-6, 4-4), head coach Dan Mullen met with the media. The Gators coach discussed the team’s effort, the new football facility, what this win means for the future of the program and more.
Here are the highlights:
- Mullen said it was a great game all around for the Gators but he was most pleased with the level of effort for all four quarters.
- He said they stressed playing hard until the final whistle and thinks they did that. Said they were sloppy at times but their effort made up for it.
- Mullen once again was very thankful for the Gator Nation for coming out and showing support. He said if they show up to games and give that energy, they won’t be beaten in The Swamp.
- He said that his coaching staff and himself are gearing up to hit the road to recruit immediately. Says the players will focus on finals and get some time off before the bowl game.
- In what was definitely a jab at the playoff committee, Mullen said maybe they should move up a few spots in the rankings like Baylor did after beating a 6-win team.
- Overlooking on the season, Mullen said there two losses came by a combined 21-points to two of the top four teams in the country. Says he thinks they have a pretty solid resume to be in the Top-10
- Mullen had high praise and was very thankful for the seniors that stuck out their time in Gainesville. Said they had to buy into him and believe in him and he is very grateful they did.
- He said winning the state is big for bragging rights. Joked that there will be a lot of Orange and Blue at church tomorrow.
- On the new stand alone football facility that was previewed prior to kick off, Mullen said he could talk for 45 minutes on the importance of it. Says there’s a lot of reasons why it will benefit, but stressed on how important it will be for player development.
- Mullen once again was all praise for the senior wide outs and what they’ve done this year and as a result he had all of them on the field together to start the game.
- On Freddie Swain’s injury, Mullen said he tweaked his knee and was held out for precautionary reasons. Will be good for bowl game.
- When evaluating the culture of the program before he got here, Mullen said he didn’t look too much into it because he knew he would be able to change it.
- Mullen said the team had to deal with a lot of adversity this year through injuries and others, but thinks they did a great job responding.
- On winning 20 games in two years, Mullen said it’s special considering the program had only four wins in 2017.
CHECK OUT OUR INSIDE THE GATORS FANATICS STORE FOR THOUSANDS OF FLORIDA GATORS RELATED ITEMS – MANY ON SALE – BY CLICKING ON THE BANNER BELOW: