TOTAL FLORIDA FOOTBALL & RECRUITING COVERAGE:
- Uncensored Sound-Off: Players, coaches, media sound off on game
- Instant Analysis: Gators bounce back in a big way
- WCC: UF-VU Game Thread
- WCC: Post-game press conference coverage
- WCC: Weekend Visitor Updates
- Weekend Visitor Preview
- ITG Mock Class (three uncommitted prospects included)
- Widening talent gap a cause for concern
- Former Player Feedback: Church’s 10 Observations
- Behind-the-Scenes: Florida day-by-day game week breakdown
- Mullen 20 Game Report Card: More like Mullen than McElwain
- Parental Perspective: Wilson’s return to the top
- At Florida, it’s more than football, it’s family
Following the No. 10 Florida Gators blowout victory over the Vanderbilt Commodores, head coach Dan Mullen met with the media. In his post-game presser, Mullen discussed the team making a statement following a disappointing loss, the defense pitching a shutout, and more.
Here are the highlights:
- Mullen said it was great to come back to The Swamp and get a statement victory. Said the intensity throughout the week was good and it translated to Game Day.
- He said the defense played really well. Mullen added that they wanted to make whoever was playing quarterback for Vanderbilt uncomfortable. He said they wanted to apply as much pressure to a backup quarterback as possible.
- Mullen said he thought the crowd showed up and showed out, even for being an early game. Said everyone in the Gator Nation needs to bring effort, fans included.
- When asked about what changed in the third quarter, Mullen said they started to score touchdowns. Said he thought they were moving the ball well in the first half, but left some points out on the field.
- In terms of how much they’ve been throwing the ball, Mullen says they’ve been taking what defenses are giving them. He added the receiver corps has helped tremendously with that, due to how much they’ve been able to spread the ball around.
- Flashing back to last year, Mullen said they had a good week of practice post-Georgia, but came out and laid an egg against Missouri.
- Mullen said he wanted the team to play with a chip on their shoulders and think they did just that. Many players reiterated that post-game.
- On the Jacob Copeland catch that was overturned, Mullen was visibly upset and said he sees no difference in that play then the controversial catch by Lawrence Cager a week ago.
- In the third, Mullen said the quick-scoring was ‘really, really good.’
- Mullen credited the defense for bottling up Commodores running back Ke’Shawn Vaughn all day. Said he’s a dynamic playmaker but they did a great job stopping them.
- Mullen said today’s win was about making a statement to themselves.
- He said Emory Jones did some nice things.
- Mullen said Trey Dean played well today. Said they moved him outside and the plan is to keep him there. Mullen added that Dean was dealing with some personal things that were weighing on him.
- According to Mullen, Monday’s practice was the best of the year.
CHECK OUT OUR INSIDE THE GATORS FANATICS STORE FOR THOUSANDS OF FLORIDA GATORS RELATED ITEMS – MANY ON SALE – BY CLICKING ON THE BANNER BELOW:
Florida Gators Colosseum OHT Military Appreciation Digital Camo Quarter-Zip Pullover Jacket – Charcoal
Florida Gators Colosseum OHT Military Appreciation Digi Camo Raglan Long Sleeve T-Shirt – Charcoal/Camo
Florida Gators Jordan Brand Alpha 360 Training Shoes – Royal/Orange