- This topic has 8 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 8 months ago by Steve L.
- July 14, 2022 at 8:33 pm #17753SwampMagicITG Subscriber
I wish we would do like we were doing and save the #1 for a special player instead of giving it out to ones like Copeland last year and they posted on Instagram that Pearsall was getting it this year.
A player should have to work for that number and be one of the best players in college football.
They’re just giving it to anyone now.
- July 15, 2022 at 8:48 am #17780Bd489ITG Subscriber
Who would you have given it to?
- July 15, 2022 at 11:20 am #17781Fun & GunITG Subscriber
If I can chime in here I wouldn’t give it to anyone. No one on this team has shown that they are worthy of it.
It should have been put on a shelf until one of our players deserved it.
Cox hasn’t lived up to being able to represent that number either.
- July 16, 2022 at 12:19 pm #17792OrangeandBlueITG Subscriber
How do we know that Napier gave it to him?
Maybe the players get to pick out their own numbers and the coaches just let them do it.
- July 17, 2022 at 4:43 pm #17826Mark WheelerForum Owner
Maybe Napier doesn’t put a premium on certain numbers like other coaches, and some fans, have?
The No. 1 jersey may not have any more meaning than the No. 10 jersey.
- July 19, 2022 at 1:11 pm #18018UFgator52-20ITG Subscriber
Or it means they think Pearsall is going to be special this year.
- July 20, 2022 at 5:33 pm #18083SFFLORIDAFANITG Subscriber
It lost its meaning when they gave it to Copeland.
- July 22, 2022 at 8:45 pm #18140Gatlin GatorITG Subscriber
Napier bragged about how hard Pearsall has been working. Because we don’t know about him doesn’t mean he doesn’t deserve it. He should be a good representitive of the number.
- July 23, 2022 at 10:27 am #18151Steve LITG Subscriber
if a player’s number is such a major concern then our concerns are greatly misplaced. Why should we even care? There’s way too many more important things to worry about.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.