We will be worse on defense next year

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      SwampMagic
      ITG Subscriber

For all of you thinking that it’s the players that are the problem if we lose Cox, Dexter, Miller, Burney and Dean we ate going to be worse on defense next year without them.

Who is on the team or who do we have committed who could step in and take over for them and be better?

Wilson for Dean, but every other position would be a down grade.

Bd489
      ITG Subscriber

Cormani can start. We have multiple D lineman that will get playing time. Napier has to hit the transfer portal hard. There’s no telling how many transfer out and in to be able to judge next years defense.
      Plenty of folks are saying it’s the players and not our D coordinator that are the issue, they might get the chance to prove that theory next year.

JayM
      ITG Subscriber

All of those guys will get a shot at the NFL except maybe Burney. Dean will probably be a starter in the NFL, maybe Dexter too.

I guess that doesn’t speak well of “scheme” but I think Toney is a good one. I think he will be a good head coach before his career is over.

Dexter might stay, right? NIL will help. He could also put up some better tape.

I agree the transfer portal will play a big role. I hope it’s in our favor!

Romeg8r
      ITG Subscriber

I bet you ate wrong

SwampMagic
      ITG Subscriber

We will be better when we get younger players in there to take over for Burney, Dean and Torrence.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Never miss the latest news from Inside the Gators!

Join our free email list