- August 25, 2022 at 11:15 pm #19389TitletownITG Subscriber
Are you guessing in that freshman story or is it really a walk on quarterback as the backup to Richardson?
How did we get that bad that fast?
We should have tried to get Jones to stay.
Can a Whittemore play quarterback in a pinch?
- August 26, 2022 at 8:28 am #19392TJWarrenITG Subscriber
You do not think we tried to get him to stay? If you were Jones what would you have done, Stay?
- August 26, 2022 at 9:01 am #19393OrangeandBlueITG Subscriber
If Jones or Mullen had stayed we would have probably lost Richardson to the portal.
- August 26, 2022 at 10:27 am #19396Romeg8rITG Subscriber
I agree with OrangeandBlue. Either Jones or Richardson was going to go. We did the right thing and brought in a serviceable transfer in Miller. Hopefully he will recover quickly.
- August 26, 2022 at 2:44 pm #19403Steve LITG Subscriber
Isn’t Kitna the backup qb right now?
- August 26, 2022 at 3:51 pm #19404LizardLover4144ITG Subscriber
I’m really not going to worry about this. If you read about the recruits over the past several years, we’ve got WRs and other skill players that have played QB in the past. I’m sure if they were needed to play QB in a pinch, Billy could talk them into taking one for the team if they are true Gators.
- August 26, 2022 at 5:24 pm #19408Steve LITG Subscriber
I like your posts in general but this one is a pretty idealistic one. If Richardson goes down it’s Kitna or a totally unproven Miller. Those scenarios aren’t ideal at all.
- August 28, 2022 at 9:09 am #19431Bd489ITG Subscriber
Does any team generally have a proven qb option as a backup? We’d just be in the same position as any other team in the country. Our backup isn’t as highly rated as what Georgia or bama have on the bench but the same level of collegiate experience.
- August 28, 2022 at 9:17 am #19432Romeg8rITG Subscriber
It is difficult to have a proven QB as a backup with the transport portal. If he’s good enough to be starting in the SEC he will likely transfer somewhere he can start.
- August 30, 2022 at 10:25 pm #19785Gator ThrillerITG Subscriber
Miller is hurt. If Richardson goes down we’re down to Engel or Kitna.
We probably will run the ball on every play if we have to play either one of them.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.