Tagged: Premium, Rocco Walker
- This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 months ago by LizardLover4144.
- July 19, 2022 at 11:29 am #18013Mark WheelerForum Owner
Though Florida was a finalist, as we stated in our update on the front page, UF was more of a hat on the table than a legitimate finalist.
— 6’4”specimen (@Ricowalker15) July 19, 2022
- July 19, 2022 at 1:50 pm #18023
I’m a retired hs football coach and live, not far from Hickory. Walker was never leaving North Carolina. Most high school players from NC stay in state when recruited by one of the big schools here. They’re not “adventurous” and are kind of skittish about moving away. It is a beautiful state and I suppose that has a lot to do with it. Life brought me to North Carolina, but I’ll always be a Gator! I do miss Pensacola, though.
- July 19, 2022 at 5:38 pm #18029Bd489ITG Subscriber
I’ve always been surprised UNC wasn’t consistently better in football. Kids love the brand, they just haven’t hired the right coaches it seems.
- July 19, 2022 at 7:28 pm #18031
Dick Crum led them to an 11-1 record in 1980 and an ACC title, but after that, they could never put a run together as the teams he put together weren’t as talented. I had several friends I’d played hs football with on a two time state championship team that were key players on that ACC Championship defense. Also had Lawrence Taylor at OLB and my friend, Buddy Curry, at ILB.
- This reply was modified 8 months ago by LizardLover4144.
- July 20, 2022 at 8:20 am #18038Bd489ITG Subscriber
I had forgotten LT went to UNC.
- July 20, 2022 at 3:44 pm #18078
Great days, good times, many memories. After spring football concluded for us, we’d get our spring break and travel down to Chapel Hill to spend 3-4 days hanging out with Tarheel players that we’d played ball with in high school. LT was a pretty cool guy to get to know. Lost touch over the years, though. Still check in on Buddy Curry. He now trains young players in proper tackling for USA Football. Travels to our area every summer for a short camp session.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.