- This topic has 19 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Zackary Weiss.
- January 25, 2023 at 9:25 pm #30624
Following Florida’s 21-point win over the Gamecocks at home, Todd Golden and select players will address the media.
Follow along here for live updates.
- January 25, 2023 at 9:25 pm #30625
Now on the podium: Castleton, Jones, Reeves
- January 25, 2023 at 9:25 pm #30627
Reeves said what keeps him out of his own head during shooting slumps is the guys around him on this team, motivating him and keeping him going.
- January 25, 2023 at 9:26 pm #30628
Castleton, looking ahead to this weekend, says they’ve got some preparation to do for Kansas State. Recognizes how good of a team they are, but says he knows Florida is capable.
- January 25, 2023 at 9:29 pm #30631
On Keyontae Johnson, a familiar face and the Gators’ opponent this coming weekend, Castleton says it’s going to be “awesome” to play him. Says they still talk often, both through facetime and text.
- January 25, 2023 at 9:30 pm #30632
Reeves, with a smile on his face, said his big dunk tonight isn’t even in the conversation for the best dunk he’s ever had.
- January 25, 2023 at 9:30 pm #30633
Jones said the team is starting to gel, to really come together. Says that just comes with more time together and an understanding of the team’s dynamics.
- January 25, 2023 at 9:34 pm #30635
Now on the podium: South Carolina head coach Lamont Paris
- January 25, 2023 at 9:36 pm #30638
Paris, in his opening statement, apologized to “all of Gator Nation” on behalf of Zachary Davis. Says he threw the elbow in retaliation because he though he got fouled, but that it was simply him getting caught up in the moment and is not indicative of who he is as a person.
- January 25, 2023 at 9:43 pm #30640
Paris, with high praise of Castleton, says he’s great because of what he does on both ends of the floor. Says usually when guys are as big and skilled as he is, they primarly effect one side of the floor; whereas Castleton, on the other hand, impacts both greatly by scoring on one end and blocking or “altering” shots on the other.
- January 25, 2023 at 9:46 pm #30642
Now on the podium: Todd Golden
- January 25, 2023 at 9:47 pm #30643
Golden says he thought they did a “nice job,” but didn’t do a good enough job on the defensive glass.
- January 25, 2023 at 9:48 pm #30644
Says with having so many new guys to the program this year, it was always going to take time. But he feels like they’re putting everything together well at this point.
- January 25, 2023 at 9:50 pm #30645
On Kyle Lofton and Myreon Jones, Golden called them “Batman & Robin in the backcourt.”
Spoke highly of their assist-to-turnover ratio as a duo, especially of late.
Added that Jones is playing so well it’s “hard to keep him off the court right now.”
- January 25, 2023 at 9:51 pm #30646
Says he doesn’t feel like they were “aggressive enough to the ball” in the second half, adds it may have been because they got comfortable.
- January 25, 2023 at 9:52 pm #30647
Says the way to improve from tonight, starting Saturday against K-State, is to be better on the defensive glass.
“Clean up possessions … That’s an area that we highlighted as a staff.”
- January 25, 2023 at 9:53 pm #30648
On his team’s ball-movement tonight:
“In the second half, I just enjoyed watching our team play … We were really hard to guard.”
Adds that even when they don’t shoot the ball great, they move the ball and get better shots because of that.
- January 25, 2023 at 9:54 pm #30649
Says Jitoboh is going to continue to play more as Fudge “gets back into the lineup.”
Adds that he’s going to have to do better defensively with the way his guys play defensive — getting out on threes and funneling guys into their bigs.
- January 25, 2023 at 9:55 pm #30650
On GG Jackson, Golden calls him “very talented” and says he’s asked to carry a “big load for that group.”
Adds that he wanted to force him to shoot mid-range shots and keep him off the free throw line.
Says he thought they did a “good job” on him.
- January 25, 2023 at 9:56 pm #30651
That’s all from the press conference.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.