- November 18, 2022 at 7:55 pm #26291
Coming up at 8:00, the Gators (2-1) will look to bounce back from the loss to FAU against another in-state rival — facing the 0-3 Seminoles in Tallahassee.
Follow along and join the conversation right here for live, in-game updates and commentary.
- November 18, 2022 at 8:04 pm #26292
Gators rolling with the same starters they have been through the first 3 games of the season.
- November 18, 2022 at 8:06 pm #26293
Reeves attacking early is a good sign. We know he can shoot the ball, but it’s the other things offensively that need to come for him to really improve from last year.
He goes 1/2 from the FT line, score 1-0 Gators with 18:30 to go
- November 18, 2022 at 8:07 pm #26294
Castleton getting on the board early is great to see for Gator fans. He’s looking to join rare-air with the start to the season he’s had.
- November 18, 2022 at 8:08 pm #26295
Gators giving up second-chance points is going to be something to watch all night. If FSU is going to win this game, you’d have to assume they’d also would have won the battle of second-chance points.
- November 18, 2022 at 8:10 pm #26296
FSU is getting whatever they want right now. Florida’s giving up easy drives and open shots off screens. This has been a fantastic start for the ‘Noles… and they’re up 10-5.
All things considered, it could have been a worse start for Golden and company.
Need to tighten up defensively.
- November 18, 2022 at 8:13 pm #26297
Early substitutions for Golden:
Jitoboh in for Castleton
Fudge in for Felder
Jones in for Reeves
- November 18, 2022 at 8:14 pm #26298
Golden going with the 3-guard lineup right now, bringing Jones in for Reeves while keeping his starting backcourt in the game.
- November 18, 2022 at 8:15 pm #26299
GREAT recognition by Fudge there to slide over and take the charge after noticing Jitoboh was out on an island.
- November 18, 2022 at 8:16 pm #26300
Man does Jitoboh have a silky shot at the FT line or what? Super impressive for a guy his size. Allows Golden to feel comfortable keeping him in there late if it ever comes to that — maybe due to Castleton getting in foul trouble or something like that.
- November 18, 2022 at 8:18 pm #26301
Fudge has to go up with that. Beautiful, strong move to find himself under the basket — then didn’t even look to score. Instead, turned the ball over.
- November 18, 2022 at 8:19 pm #26302
Bonham comes in for Lofton
Kugel in for Richard
Castleton in for Jitoboh
- November 18, 2022 at 8:21 pm #26303
I can’t tell ya how much I love Bonham attacking the paint. Such a quick first step, good at drawing contact, great court vision and an automatic FT shooter.
If he’s not attacking with the ball in his hands, he isn’t really contributing much defensively — so, love to see his mindset in “go” mode early on here.
- November 18, 2022 at 8:26 pm #26304
As shown on the broadcast, nearly 500 more career wins for Leonard Hamilton than Todd Golden.
That’s the thing with Golden. As great of a coach as he may and could be, he’s gonna have less experience than almost every coach he opposes.
Take that information how you like.
- November 18, 2022 at 8:28 pm #26305
Wow. Tech for flopping on Bonham.
I’m all for giving techs on flops. It takes away from the game.
But, objectively speaking, that doesn’t look like a flop or a good call.
Head didn’t swing back at all, which is usually the tell.
- November 18, 2022 at 8:31 pm #26306
Man, Kugel really can get to the rim whenever he wants to. Just needs to develop a better sense of location and touch when he gets to point-blank range.
The potential with him is scary — but, right now, that’s all it is: potential. Could very well become kinetic as the season goes on, though.
- November 18, 2022 at 8:32 pm #26307
All the energy is with the ‘Noles right now. The on-court cadence and energy on the sidelines is incomparable.
A 10 point deficit is very, very manageable, however.
- November 18, 2022 at 8:34 pm #26308
Seminoles on a 7-0 run right now over 2:16.
Gators 0-11 on last 11 FGs, 1 of last 13, haven’t scored in over 4 minutes.
- November 18, 2022 at 8:37 pm #26309
13 point lead right now is the largest lead of the season for FSU. They didn’t lead any of their first 3 games by double digits at any point.
- November 18, 2022 at 8:39 pm #26310
6 paint-points nearly 15 minutes into the game is brutal. Florida needs to find a way to get some easy buckets to get the offense rolling.
- November 18, 2022 at 8:42 pm #26311
FSU clearly came into this game with a gameplan: Limit Colin Castleton.
And, boy, have they executed.
Florida’s star big has 4 points on 3 shots 15 minutes into this game.
Every single time — and that is not hyperbole — he touches the ball, the defense completely collapses.
For the Gators to come back and win this thing, they have to start knocking down threes off of Castleton’s inside-outside passes.
- November 18, 2022 at 8:46 pm #26312
Bench him for a while. Absolutely stupid technical.
- November 18, 2022 at 8:46 pm #26313
Just an outright silly mistake by Fudge. You can NOT get a tech in that moment, after you make a play that could possibly spark momentum for your team that is currently struggling mightily.
Immediately after, you could see Lofton look at him with his hands up. Then as they walked toward the bench, you could see Golden chewing him out.
Gonna be interesting to see if he’s still in the game when we get back from commercial.
Something tells me Golden won’t go for that.
- November 18, 2022 at 8:47 pm #26314
Also, the ref who called the tech appeared to go to Golden and tell him what Fudge said. Not a great sign.
- November 18, 2022 at 8:48 pm #26315
Fudge out of the game.
Felder comes in for him.
3:42 to go in the half
- November 18, 2022 at 8:50 pm #26316
Three-guard lineup in again for Golden
- November 18, 2022 at 8:51 pm #26317
Here we go. Golden’s getting creative. The Castleton-Jitoboh lineup is here.
Jitoboh came in for Felder.
- November 18, 2022 at 8:52 pm #26318
We can’t shoot a lick
- November 18, 2022 at 8:53 pm #26319
Announcers said it, and they’re right.
Bonham has to make those shots. Down 14 on the road, in a game where open shots have been incredibly few-and-far-between, you can’t afford to miss threes like that.
- November 18, 2022 at 8:54 pm #26320
Beautiful two-man game with Lofton & Jitoboh right there.
Would love to see Lofton in PnRs more often. He’s got a knack for making the right play.
- November 18, 2022 at 8:56 pm #26321
Wow. We are not good.
- November 18, 2022 at 8:56 pm #26322
Yes, it is true that the Florida defense has ben bad — giving up layups and offensive rebounds nonstop.
But, with that said, the ‘Noles are making some incredibly tough shots.
They’re shooting 50-50-90 right now…
- November 18, 2022 at 8:58 pm #26323
- November 18, 2022 at 9:13 pm #26324
Here’s who the second half — or, atleast the opening few minutes to it — is going to be about:
It’s time to find out how the young coach fares when in-game adjustments are not just needed, but absolutely necessary in order to have a chance to win.
That halftime in the locker room better have been a productive one for the Gators’ chances tonight.
- November 18, 2022 at 9:13 pm #26325
Bonham in for Reeves to start the half. Rest of the original starters in alongside him.
- November 18, 2022 at 9:14 pm #26326
And would you look at Trey Bonham.
Opens the half, in Reeves’ place, with a three and forced turnover.
The smallest guy on the court is making the biggest impact right now.
- November 18, 2022 at 9:15 pm #26327
Gonna be interesting to see how long Golden keeps Fudge on the sideline here.
- November 18, 2022 at 9:16 pm #26328
THIS is what Felder can give you. Energy, hustle, rebounding.
Big offensive board and putback for him has the Gators within 10.
- November 18, 2022 at 9:17 pm #26329
Golden has to love how hard TB has been attacking the paint tonight. 6/6 from the line now for the VMI transfer.
- November 18, 2022 at 9:19 pm #26330
Castleton finally, after what felt like forever, found the rim.
8 & 5 for the big man now.
- November 18, 2022 at 9:24 pm #26331
Casleton and-1 brings the Gators within 7. That was an NBA play.
- November 18, 2022 at 9:24 pm #26332
Castleton’s heating up and is all of a sudden at 12 & 7 on 4-7 shooting.
- November 18, 2022 at 9:27 pm #26333
A 10-0 UF run, and the Gators are now within 1. Their 17-point halftime deficit seems like an eternity ago. What a turnaround.
Curious to know exactly what adjustments were made at the half — but, clearly some were.
Such a drastic 180 like this doesn’t just happen.
- November 18, 2022 at 9:31 pm #26334
Bonham is playing some inspired basketball right now. Him and Castleton have really been at the helm of this furious comeback.
- November 18, 2022 at 9:33 pm #26335
Now it’s FSU that’s making some boneheaded mistakes. You can’t goal-tend there when the shot clearly isn’t going in. Hey, Castleton’s not complaining though.
- November 18, 2022 at 9:34 pm #26336
Something to note: Fudge has now re-entered the game for the first time since his tech.
Lineup currently in:
- November 18, 2022 at 9:39 pm #26337
ALEX FUDGE ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
TOP 10 TOP 10 TOP 10
- November 18, 2022 at 9:40 pm #26338
(SportsCenter top 10), let me be clear lol.
- November 18, 2022 at 9:40 pm #26339
24 of last 29 points scored in this game have been scored by the Orange & Blue.
- November 18, 2022 at 9:47 pm #26340
- November 18, 2022 at 9:47 pm #26341
- November 18, 2022 at 9:48 pm #26342
- November 18, 2022 at 10:19 pm #26344Mark WheelerForum Owner
What a comeback!
Down by 17 points at the half, there was a 26-point swing in the second half as Florida stormed back to beat Florida State 76-67.
Colin Castleton scored 25 points while adding nine rebounds to lead the Gators.
- November 18, 2022 at 10:21 pm #26345
UF 76, FSU 67
A furious second-half comeback sparked by Trey Bonham and led by Colin Castleton allowed the Gators to escape enemy territory with a hard-fought win.
Florida improves to 3-1, with their next game being Thanksgiving day vs. Xavier in Portland.
- November 18, 2022 at 10:21 pm #26346
- November 18, 2022 at 10:22 pm #26347
- November 19, 2022 at 9:38 am #26372
Great comeback. Great win
- November 19, 2022 at 11:44 am #26376
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.