UF basketball practice (10/21/22)

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Cam Parker
      ITG Staff

Coming up shortly, UF men’s basketball will be holding a limited open portion of today’s practice in Exactech Arena (roughly 20 minutes at the beginning of practice are open to the media).

Follow along for live updates and observations.

Cam Parker
      ITG Staff

Team is out for a pre-practice shoot around.

Guards have been primarily focused on driving in and finishing at the rim on air.

Bigs doing light jump shots to warm up.

Sczymcyk working on threes from the corner and has been automatic

Cam Parker
      ITG Staff

As was reported this week, both Kyle Lofton and Will Richard are participating today. Richard has been full-go while Lofton has been limited.

We’ll see if that changes

Cam Parker
      ITG Staff

Teams are in the locker room. Was told that the open portion would end at 1:50. I imagine it’ll go past that considering the team has yet to come back on the court

Cam Parker
      ITG Staff

Open portion will go until 2:05

Cam Parker
      ITG Staff

Team is back on the court to stretch. Richard is still wearing tape on his right knee

Cam Parker
      ITG Staff

Team is back on the court to stretch. Richard is still wearing tape on his right knee

Cam Parker
      ITG Staff

For stretches:

Ironically, the team is separated by returners and newcomers.

Left half is all 8 returners and right is the 7 newcomers

Cam Parker
      ITG Staff

This was discussed while watching him practice, but it doesn’t hurt to reiterate.

If you watched Will Richard, whether warmups or scrimmage, you would never know he was injured. Absolute workhorse

Cam Parker
      ITG Staff

Doesn’t look like we’ll get any scrimmages today in the open period. Just warmups and drives to the basket on air.

However, just because it’s a lighter load does not mean the energy is any lower.

A consistent thing from each practice has been the constant communication and energy from players, coaches, managers, etc.

Cam Parker
      ITG Staff

I can’t restate this enough- when I watch Fudge and Kugel dunk, I get flash backs to Devin Robinson.

Again it’s only warmups, but I’ve seen what Fudge can do against a guy low in the post, and it’s not good for the defender.

Cam Parker
      ITG Staff

Richard is showing no weakness with his knee. He’s been one of the only guys dunking in warmups

Cam Parker
      ITG Staff

Kyle Lofton doesn’t look slowed down either. Been full-go in warmups and looks comfortable driving and jumping

Cam Parker
      ITG Staff

That’s gonna conclude the open portion. Not a lot of hard-hitting big j journalism today, but sometimes no news is good news.

Next week will most likely be the final week of open practices.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Never miss the latest news from Inside the Gators!

Join our free email list