Todd Golden Press Conference 9/27

Viewing 30 reply threads
  • Author
      Zackary Weiss
      ITG Subscriber

At approximately noon, Todd Golden and select players will be addressing the media. Follow along here for live updates.

Zackary Weiss
      ITG Subscriber

The press conference has been delayed 10-15 minutes, in lieu of an expected campus announcement.

Zackary Weiss
      ITG Subscriber

Now speaking: Todd Golden

Zackary Weiss
      ITG Subscriber

Golden says having new guys in the program every year is “the new day and age of basketball.” Adds that it feels like they’ve been with each-other for a long time, however.

Zackary Weiss
      ITG Subscriber

On Castleton being their best player: “He’s our most proven player … we’ve got a lot of talented players.”

Zackary Weiss
      ITG Subscriber

“He doesn’t have much to prove … we need to get him in shape.” Golden says that Castleton has begun playing 5v5 in practice but has further work to do conditioning-wise.

Zackary Weiss
      ITG Subscriber

Jason Jitoboh is healthy and moving well, Golden says. Adds that he is currently right around 300 pounds.

Zackary Weiss
      ITG Subscriber

On Alex Fudge: “He’s an extremely talented, really really good player … he’s the definition of an impactful player.” Adds that he can guard 1-5.

Zackary Weiss
      ITG Subscriber

Will Richard slipped on a wet spot in practice and is currently on crutches. Golden says it’s nothing worthy of concern, however, and not serious.

Zackary Weiss
      ITG Subscriber

Golden says that he’s not afraid to potentially start two point guards or two centers (yes, that means Castleton and Jitoboh), all depending on how guys perform in practice.

Zackary Weiss
      ITG Subscriber

Alex Fudge is now up to 200 pounds, Golden says.

Zackary Weiss
      ITG Subscriber

Golden says that Trey Bonham is more “score-first,” while Kyle Lofton is more “pass-first.”

Zackary Weiss
      ITG Subscriber

Now speaking: Myreon Jones

Zackary Weiss
      ITG Subscriber

Jones says that they’re gonna be running a lot of different plays for a lot of different players.

Zackary Weiss
      ITG Subscriber

Jones says that his conversation with Golden, regarding returning to Florida for his final year, was about him returning to his Penn-St self.

Zackary Weiss
      ITG Subscriber

“It was tough, but I don’t use it as an excuse. It’s just a broken Finger.” – Jones on how tough playing injured was

Zackary Weiss
      ITG Subscriber

“Kyle’s a great player. I can see why there was all the transfer portal hype.” – Jones on his new ball-handler

Zackary Weiss
      ITG Subscriber

On the team’s bond: “If you see one of us, you’re probably going to see the rest of us behind him.” Says that they eat together, hang out together, and constantly encourage each-other during practices.

Zackary Weiss
      ITG Subscriber

Jones says that Golden practices with the team sometimes and “talks trash” to them.
      On if his HC is a good trash talker: “Nahhhhh.”

Zackary Weiss
      ITG Subscriber

Now speaking: Colin Castleton

Zackary Weiss
      ITG Subscriber

Castleton says his shoulder is back to 100% and that he is 100% healthy.

Zackary Weiss
      ITG Subscriber

Says that he’s 247 pounds, the highest weight he’s ever been.

Zackary Weiss
      ITG Subscriber

On playing with an injured shoulder last season: “I just love playing basketball.

Zackary Weiss
      ITG Subscriber

On the NIL and how it affected his decision to stay: “I definitely think it’s a game changer … it’s definitely helped me financially .. it was a factor in me coming back, obviously.”

Zackary Weiss
      ITG Subscriber

Zackary Weiss
      ITG Subscriber

Now speaking: Kyle Lofton

Zackary Weiss
      ITG Subscriber

On what he likes the most about this team going into the season: “The character of our guys.”

Zackary Weiss
      ITG Subscriber

Lofton says that Golden is “always energized,” and that the team has to “match his energy.”

Zackary Weiss
      ITG Subscriber

Lofton rated Golden an 8/10 on trash-talking ability.

Zackary Weiss
      ITG Subscriber

“I’m a great on-the-ball defender and an even greater off-the-ball defender.” – Lofton on his ability on that end of the floor

Zackary Weiss
      ITG Subscriber

That’s all from today’s press conference.

Viewing 30 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Never miss the latest news from Inside the Gators!

Join our free email list