- October 18, 2022 at 12:38 pm #23848drumlinITG Subscriber
I know there’s still a long way to go in the season, but it’s interesting that two current undefeated SEC teams, Tennessee and Ole Miss, rank 19th and 23rd, respectively, in the team talent composite from 247 Sports.
Also just as interesting is that Florida is ranked twelfth, and fifth in the SEC.
- October 18, 2022 at 12:51 pm #23855Bd489ITG Subscriber
A lot of folks are ignoring these facts to fit their narrative of keeping the coaches blameless.
- October 19, 2022 at 11:58 am #23927UFgator52-20ITG Subscriber
Does that talent ranking factor in transfers?
The thing they both have in common is that they are top offensive play callers. They are like Spurrier. They can call plays to fit their talent.
- October 19, 2022 at 1:19 pm #23928SwampMagicITG Subscriber
Transfers are included in the composite team talent rankings.
We have the 12th most talent but one of the worst defenses.
- October 21, 2022 at 5:59 pm #24010TitletownITG Subscriber
They are led by 2 coaches who are great play callers. I think that has something to do with it.
The ball around doesn’t take as much getting used to so transfers fit in easily.
- October 21, 2022 at 11:52 pm #24014drumlinITG Subscriber
Yes, the offensive minded coaches have seemed to be dominating in college football these days.
But not to forget that the QB is also important – Burrow with LSU, Hooker at Tennessee this year – it also helps that he is very mature – almost 25?
It will be interesting to see how Napier/Richardson develop next year.
Richardson is still relatively inexperienced and it’s a little hard to judge Napier’s offense because of that.
- October 24, 2022 at 3:53 pm #24084Go Gators TJITG Subscriber
Kiffin will always have a top offense and if you give him a defense he’ll have a top 15 team. I’m not sold on a Heupel yet.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.