Team Talent

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      drumlin
      ITG Subscriber

I know there’s still a long way to go in the season, but it’s interesting that two current undefeated SEC teams, Tennessee and Ole Miss, rank 19th and 23rd, respectively, in the team talent composite from 247 Sports.
      Also just as interesting is that Florida is ranked twelfth, and fifth in the SEC.

Bd489
      ITG Subscriber

A lot of folks are ignoring these facts to fit their narrative of keeping the coaches blameless.

UFgator52-20
      ITG Subscriber

Does that talent ranking factor in transfers?

The thing they both have in common is that they are top offensive play callers. They are like Spurrier. They can call plays to fit their talent.

SwampMagic
      ITG Subscriber

Transfers are included in the composite team talent rankings.

We have the 12th most talent but one of the worst defenses.

Titletown
      ITG Subscriber

They are led by 2 coaches who are great play callers. I think that has something to do with it.

The ball around doesn’t take as much getting used to so transfers fit in easily.

drumlin
      ITG Subscriber

Yes, the offensive minded coaches have seemed to be dominating in college football these days.
      But not to forget that the QB is also important – Burrow with LSU, Hooker at Tennessee this year – it also helps that he is very mature – almost 25?
      It will be interesting to see how Napier/Richardson develop next year.
      Richardson is still relatively inexperienced and it’s a little hard to judge Napier’s offense because of that.

Go Gators TJ
      ITG Subscriber

Kiffin will always have a top offense and if you give him a defense he’ll have a top 15 team. I’m not sold on a Heupel yet.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Never miss the latest news from Inside the Gators!

Join our free email list