Richardson is thinking of changing his brand

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Titletown
    ITG Subscriber

I remember like 2 months ago on here someone said that Richardson should consider changing his AR15 nickname because of all the mass shootings.

Some people were for or and some were against it but it looks like he’s thinking about.

Bd489
    ITG Subscriber

There’s really no winning on this one for him. If he changes it a certain segment of society will criticize him for caving and if he doesn’t an alternate segment will criticize him for insensitivity.

Mark Wheeler
    Forum Owner

To me, it would be caving if people were protesting or it became an issue. In this instance, it looks like he legitimately is saying that he doesn’t want to be associated with that brand of weapon, and likely responsibly so.

I don’t believe at all his brand is a way of promoting the brand of weapon, but if you can steer clear of it, why not and focus on the bigger picture.

baseballdad16
    ITG Subscriber

I understand his contemplation changing his brand. When he was signed there wasn’t as much woke B.S as today to try and cancel everything and Antone who disagreed with opposing opinions. The AR is his initials ONLY not standing for assault rifle, which is a mis use of the initials.

baseballdad16
    ITG Subscriber

The AR for rifle is the original manufacturer Ameralite Rifle. Was designed as a fully auto weapon for the military. It is been mislabeled as the initials for automatic rifle. The civilian models cannot legally be automatic rifles. Civilian models must squeeze trigger each time a shot is fired, thus semi-auto. Not full auto. Anthony Richardson using his initials for his brand does not constitute a support of this rifle.

Mark Wheeler
    Forum Owner

To be clear, his brand wasn’t his initials, it was AR15 as a wordplay on that specific gun, with a weekly t-shirt logo of an opponent as a target.

That is a no way, shape or form a reflection of him promoting violence.

Period.

I am anything but ‘woke’ however, with everything taking place, and the purpose of a brand to promote yourself and sell as much product as possible, you want to be inclusive as possible, and try not to turn off too many people.

Dropping the 15 helps in that regard.

baseballdad16
    ITG Subscriber

Understand. Nothing was meant to reflect on you. Just tired of this cancellation culture. Seems like nobody can have any personal likes or dislikes unless the opposite ideology agrees with.

LizardLover4144
    ITG Subscriber

AR is a good, responsible, young man who I’m sure has put a lot of thought into this. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with his brand. If he wants, though, he could change to another number and incorporate it with his initials or just come up with a catchy new brand name altogether. It’s his decision and people should respect that. No reason for anyone to give him any flack about it. It’s really none of anyone’s business. That’s become a problem within this country. Way too many “woke” folk minding everyone’s business but their own!

Gatorbear
    ITG Subscriber

Give him Number 1 and change his brand to “The Great 1” or “The Fabulous 1” or something alone those lines.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Never miss the latest news from Inside the Gators!

Join our free email list