Q&A with 2023 4-star DL commit Gavin Hill (Buchholz)

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Cam Parker
      ITG Staff

Following a thrilling 35-34 win over Pace in the 4S Region 1 Semifinal, 2023 4-star DL commit Gavin Hill from Buchholz (Gainesville) spoke briefly about the win, his commitment to Florida and his relationship with other commits and staff.

Big win, how are you feeling tonight?

“Feeling great. Glad I got to come out here and with my teammates and get the dub.”

Moving to your commitment to Florida, what was your reaction when you found out Jaden Rashada flipped his commitment from Miami?

“I woke up, and I saw it, and I was happy. Followed him and told him congrats.”

Out of all the commits, who do you talk to the most? Is there a group chat with everyone?

“TJ Searcy. We got a group chat with all the commits and then we have a position group chat.”

How often do you talk to those guys?

“Usually during the week. Every day in the Instagram group chat, and then on Friday’s, we’re always telling each other, ‘Play hard, and go out and do your thing.’”

How often to you talk to Coach Chaos (DL Coach/Co-Defensive Coordinator Sean Spencer)? What is his vision for you in his and Patrick Toney’s defense?

“We talk a lot. As far as defense, I’ll be playing a lot of three-tech, five-tech, all that.”

Planning on taking any more visits to other schools? Visiting Florida tomorrow?

“No sir. I’m locked in with Florida, and I’ll be visiting Florida tomorrow.”

Any other uncommitted guys you’re recruiting to go to Florida with you?

“A few guys from my team. Trying to get Kendall (Jackson, 2024 3-star DL with a Florida offer) and other guys as well from other cities and states.”

Will you be signing in the early signing period or in February on National Signing Day?

“Probably February.”

So enrolling in the summer then?

“Yes sir.”

Who are some of the guys on Florida’s roster that you talk to the most right now?

“I talk to Gervon Dexter a lot. I talk to Anthony Richardson. Those two.”

What do those guys say to you?

“Gervon helps me with my game. Ant, we’re just like brothers. We have that brother bond.”

Any predictions for tomorrow’s game against South Carolina?

“No score prediction, but I got the Gators to win.”

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Never miss the latest news from Inside the Gators!

Join our free email list