- This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 6 months, 1 week ago by JayM.
- September 11, 2022 at 2:58 pm #20967Romeg8rITG Subscriber
This was never going to be a championship caliber team this season. Mullen didn’t build enough depth for that.
The defense played much better this week until they wore down from the ineptitude of the offense. The defense turned Ky back multiple times. And defense was really only responsible for 16 of Ky’s points.
The offense was not great but not horrible in the first half. It was horrible in the second half. Something was clearly wrong with Anthony Richardson and it seemed to get a lot worse after the interception right before the half. I don’t know if it was mental from having the pick in front of all those NFL scouts or physical from something that occurred while tackling the Ky defensive end. But for some reason Richardson stopped trying to use his feet to make plays. If Anthony is already focusing on what will affect his draft status in the upcoming draft he is in for a lot of disappointment.
As for the comparisons to Tebow and Cam Newton those are based on the physical tools Anthony Richardson possesses. However, you know who else possessed those same physical tools? Felipe Franks. Only Richardson can decide if he will be Newton or Franks.
- September 11, 2022 at 3:52 pm #20972Steve LITG Subscriber
Tools need to be used not left in the tool box. Potential is only worthwhile if it’s fulfilled.
At least we aren’t Nebraska or Notre Dame, two teams in a rapid downward spiral.
- September 12, 2022 at 3:13 pm #21049Go Gators TJITG Subscriber
Richardson was limping early after he got hit low.
Maybe that messed with his footwork making him miss targets and not able to be effective running the ball.
- September 13, 2022 at 11:18 pm #21097OrangeandBlueITG Subscriber
What concerns me is so many of his passes aren’t even close. Maybe he’s not a natural quarterback?
Mullen couldn’t get it out if him and it looks like Napier isn’t going to be able to either.
- September 14, 2022 at 9:34 am #21099Romeg8rITG Subscriber
It’s still early and he lacks experience so it may improve but it is very possible that he is not a good passer. One thing is for sure. He is not ready for the NFL.
- September 14, 2022 at 2:09 pm #21120EricNITG Subscriber
maybe Mullen was right in his approach all along ***gasp***
- September 14, 2022 at 4:00 pm #21124Steve LITG Subscriber
Eric- That was an ignorant condescending post. you need to do better than that.
- September 14, 2022 at 4:14 pm #21125JayMITG Subscriber
Mullen was right about a bunch of things. He is just an ass and eventually gave up on the team, which is unforgivable really. I don’t think he will ever coach in college again. I don’t think he wants to and I don’t think anyone would have him.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.