- This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 6 months ago by Romeg8r.
- September 18, 2022 at 8:24 am #21545
We are not a very good football team. Our defense completely hinges on one player Ventrell Miller. We lack a single game changer at WR or TE. Our QB appears to be the worst starting passer in the SEC (some of that may be tied to my comment about game changers). For what feels like the fifth straight season our defense is incapable of getting off the field on third down. And J’m starting to question the coaching staff. Whoever chose to throw the ball on first and goal when we were running with great success is not real bright. I guess they were trying not to end up being the last team in FBS without a passing TD. So far we have zero passing TDs and four interceptions. Not a recipe for success. It is very likely we get hammered Saturday in Knoxville.
Still we are 2-1. We could very easily be 0-3 right now. The one superlative I can throw out there is we have found ways yo win games.
- This topic was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by Romeg8r.
- September 18, 2022 at 9:23 am #21548TJWarrenITG Subscriber
- September 18, 2022 at 9:44 am #21549
There is certainly room for improvement.
- September 18, 2022 at 11:32 am #21564robbrwnITG Subscriber
Was a called running play, but AR went for the one-on-one in the end zone. I would have felt better if he had chosen to keep the ball and run it himself.
- September 18, 2022 at 12:21 pm #21570ComountaingatorITG Subscriber
Napier said USF loaded the box and Shorter had 1 on 1 coverage. Didn’t fault the play change, just the throw.
- September 20, 2022 at 7:51 am #21681GatorDMDITG Subscriber
If we learned anything in the first 3 games it’s that we need to recruit the hell out of WR and TE and until we get more talent in here at least try some of our younger players and see if they can help.
- September 20, 2022 at 8:05 am #21683
I agree. And we better be working on QB depth
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.