Men’s Basketball Practice 10/20/2022

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Zackary Weiss
      ITG Subscriber

At approximately 3 p.m., the Gators will open up the beginning of their practice for media viewing. Follow along here for live updates.

Zackary Weiss
      ITG Subscriber

For the second straight practice, Golden has his full 15-man roster suited up. Lofton and Richard appear to be 100%.

Zackary Weiss
      ITG Subscriber

Bonham missed a layup in warmups and ran straight to the sideline to do pushups. Reeves did the same thing yesterday, so I’m not sure whether this is a Golden thing or not.

Zackary Weiss
      ITG Subscriber

Golden opened today’s practice splitting up the guards and bigs – guards on one side of the court in reverse layup lines, bigs on the other slipping screens.

The “bigs” group included Castleton, Jitoboh, Szymczyk, Felder and Fudge.

Zackary Weiss
      ITG Subscriber

Fudge is seen as a sort of hybrid big, potential ball handler at times. Seeing him being officially labeled as a “big” in Golden’s eyes is interesting. It may solidify him being a 4 this season.

Zackary Weiss
      ITG Subscriber

Will Richard might be a sniper, guys.

Zackary Weiss
      ITG Subscriber

Full team is doing a 3-point shooting drill now where guys are constantly putting up shots from the corner and wing. Balls are flying around everywhere — in a good way. Guys are in so many different spots it’s tough to follow with your eyes. They know what they’re doing, though. The balls are always getting to where they’re supposed to. To me, being able to smoothly run drills like this are a sign of a foundationally solid team.

Zackary Weiss
      ITG Subscriber

Richard, Castleton and Bonham looked specifically sharp in the drill — hitting just about every shot I saw them put up. They’re now running the same drill on the other hoop. 4 and a half non-stop minutes each side.

Zackary Weiss
      ITG Subscriber

The team has concluded the warmups and drills portion of practice. This ends today’s media viewing time.

From what I saw, the entire 15-man roster appears to be fully healthy. It was good to see guys like Richard and Lofton hitting shots.

Note: Richard still has tape around his previously injured knee, the same he had yesterday. Nobody else had on any braces, wraps, tape or such.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Never miss the latest news from Inside the Gators!

Join our free email list