- October 18, 2022 at 1:31 pm #23864
Follow along with this thread for live updates from the Gators’ Tuesday practice, beginning at approximately 1:45.
- October 18, 2022 at 2:01 pm #23865
G Kyle Lofton (groin) is active for today’s practice
It’s unknown yet, however, to what capacity. He’s dressed out and taking part in non-contact drills to start practice. It is yet to be seen whether he’ll run in 5on5.
- October 18, 2022 at 2:02 pm #23866
This is Lofton’s first action of any capacity since the beginning of October
- October 18, 2022 at 2:02 pm #23868
Coach Golden now has his full 15 man roster available to him for today’s practice, with Lofton and G Will Richard (knee) both back.
It’ll be interesting to see where everyone starts to fit in now depth-wise and how the team continues to mesh.
- October 18, 2022 at 2:04 pm #23869
- October 18, 2022 at 2:07 pm #23870
Team is now running a half-court live offense drill. On the first play, Klatsky drilled a corner three in Reeves’ face.
- October 18, 2022 at 2:14 pm #23871
Can’t be certain about who falls where in the Gators rotation quite yet, but Golden seems to be solidifying who will be in it.
It appears as though he’ll run an 11-man rotation this season, at least to start.
It looks like Aberdeen, Szymczyk, Klatsky and May will be the 4 depth pieces who won’t see a ton of minutes.
- October 18, 2022 at 2:20 pm #23875
I think it’s safe to say we have a friendly competition here in training camp.
2 starting guard spots appear to be open for 4 people – Myreon Jones, Trey Bonham, Will Richard and Kyle Lofton.
It seems, at least to me, that Reeves, Fudge and Castleton have 3-5 locked up.
- October 18, 2022 at 2:22 pm #23876
A guy to keep in mind, though, is CJ Felder – who has had a good camp. His athleticism and effort are high-level; it’s just about earning Golden’s trust.
- October 18, 2022 at 2:27 pm #23877
Felder doesn’t jump; he levitates. Just wanted to put that out there — might be the most athletic guy on this team.
- October 18, 2022 at 2:30 pm #23878
The past 20 minutes have been spent working on off-ball screens and DHOs — possibly a clue to what you can expect to see from this offense early on.
- October 18, 2022 at 2:35 pm #23879
Team is now working on fast breaks, like they take time to do every practice. Golden appears to really emphasize being efficient in taking advantage of POT (points off turnovers).
- October 18, 2022 at 2:39 pm #23880
Team A (Golden’s team) for today’s full-court scrimmage runs:
Bench: Lofton, Kugel, Jitoboh
- October 18, 2022 at 2:41 pm #23881
The team will spend the remainder of practice scrimmaging.
- October 18, 2022 at 5:21 pm #23883Bd489ITG Subscriber
How good do you think this team can be?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.